• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fontfolio Education Essentials not available to EU members?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. My name is Leonel and I'm a portuguese designer and student.

In several and frustrating attempts, I've tried to purchase Fontfolio Education Essentials. As the website was giving me an error, I've contacted the sales dpt. more than once in order to get the problem fixed, and was constantly redirected to tech support. The attention and care of the staff was great, but no deal. Today, I got a call from tech support trying to fix the situation. Still no go. After rechecking what could possibly be causing the issue, the technician finally said to me that this product wasn't available in Portugal and that was the reason why I wasn't able to proceed to checkout.

After a somewhat frustrating process, I have to wonder why sales didn't tell me in the first call the product wasn't available in Portugal, avoiding this week long process. And, what could possibly explain why this product isn't available in EU members (I've tried selecting different coutries, with no success), and why is adobe advertising products in the website, in specific regions, when those products aren't available?

I don't feel this is the way to help people respect copyright issues and privilege the use of legal software and fonts.

I'm sorry if this is not a discussion topic, but I believe this may be a concern of others.

Best regards.

Leonel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Hi Leonel. I'm sorry about that bad experience with this. That product page should only be viewable to customers in North America, but obviously that is not working very well, and in any case, the page should do a better job of indicating and handling the restriction. We will make some improvement with that.

As for the restriction itself, I'll just say that the complexities of type licensing can sometimes lead to awkward situations like this. We can certainly re-evaluate this one, but I can't say

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leonel. I'm sorry about that bad experience with this. That product page should only be viewable to customers in North America, but obviously that is not working very well, and in any case, the page should do a better job of indicating and handling the restriction. We will make some improvement with that.

As for the restriction itself, I'll just say that the complexities of type licensing can sometimes lead to awkward situations like this. We can certainly re-evaluate this one, but I can't say what will come of it.

Thanks for the feedback, and once again I apologize for the confusion.

Regards,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello.

I appreciate any help on this matter. This area of software licensing is definately a special one.

If you can, please try to make this a viable option of non-US students. It’s hard enough as it is for young students and designers to try to comply to software licensing, specially when living in countries (as Portugal, where I’m from) with serious economic issues.

Thank you.

Best,

Leonel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines