• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts bundled with Creative Suite 2 (and individual CS2 products)

Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2005 Apr 22, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached PDF lists all the fonts bundled with Creative Suite 2 and the individual CS2 applications.

Enjoy!

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2005 Jul 01, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upper management folks are indeed following up on this, as of early this week. If you or somebody you know purchased the Creative Suite 2 and registered online, but did not get an email with a link to get your registration incentive goodies, please let me know the name and email address so I can pass your name along.

One other issue that has been a problem is that sometimes these emails get caught by spam filters, or deleted by a person thinking they're spam. :(

Needless to say, we regret any inconvenience and hope to straighten out the problem for anybody who encountered it.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2005 Jul 02, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas:

Thank you so much for getting some action on this matter.

I understand from Customer Service that they have quite a list of people who have registered the CS2 Suite on-line but who never received the follow-up e-mail.

I am fairly sure that my name is on their list but, just to make sure, I am sending it, and my e-mail address, to you as well.

[ I have your e-mail address but others may need to know where they should send their information. ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send them to tphinney -atsign- adobe (dot) com.

Please don't bombard me with random other questions, though. :)

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Please don't bombard me with random other questions, though.

As Thomas comes here, generously, on his own time, please respect his wishes and keep all other type or software issues within the Forums. Or contact Adobe customer service or tech support through the regular channels.

Thanks.

Neil
Forum Host

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2005 Jul 07, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got my mail - and the incentive Garamond Premier Pro!
Thank you very much, Thomas, for your generosity giving your time!

Thank you!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2005 Oct 29, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I got the Creative Suite Premium 2 upgrade and registered but I never got any information about receiving the garamond premiere pro font. How do I get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2005 Oct 29, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuart,

As I recall, the premiums are on the page(s) where you register the software. If no luck, then call customer service.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2005 Oct 31, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. After speaking with a completely rude and clueless support person, I wound up reinstalling the Creative Suite, which takes a very long time by the way since it insisted on uninstalling the Suite first, and re-registering. What I don't get out of all this is why does it matter if one registers through the app itself or online at a later time? Is Adobe collecting information during the install process that they can't collect through the web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, no information is collected by Adobe during the installation process for registration purposes other than the serial number.

- Dov
- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuart,<br /><br />Sorry you wound up with the hassle. Oh, boy, do I know how long it takes to install the suite, and then do the updates!<br /><br />You should always get the name of the support person and request to speak with a supervisor. There is absolutely no call for rudeness under the circumstances.<br /><br />I don't know what, if any info, is collected via registering online. But that's the route I generally take with my software, and I haven't found anything in my life changed as a result. <vbg><br /><br />Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

He wasn't overly rude but his tone could have been better. he seemed to take offense when I questioned the logic behind the two seperate registration databases and not being able to more easily remedy a situation where my software was clearly registered, just not through the proper route to get the typeface. He did bump the issue up to his supervisor because he couldn't add me to the incentive database they apparently keep seperate from the normal registrations. Why, I don't know, but I don't care anymore because I got the font without too much trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dov.

Much relieved by your response! As I wrote, I never had any reason to believe otherwise.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2005 Dec 08, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Ideally, I would want control over the installation of any new fonts (which, when and where), rather than have an application installer make the decision (rightly or wrongly) for me. From your description, I see a possibility of fonts being installed twice, causing font conflicts, if you should move your fonts to some location other than the default installation.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I've noticed that with two computers on which I've installed CS2 (Mac) Bickham Script is recognised by PS, AI & ID, but not by FontBook, which is annoying. Apparently, the font is installed in an Adobe folder, not the system folder.

Strangely enough, Warnock Pro, which was presumably installed at the same time, is present and correct in FontBook.

Really, I would like the opportunity to install fonts separately, or at least stipulate where the installer puts them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2005 Dec 08, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have the opportunity to install fonts separately. Just move out all the fonts out of the Adobe common files folder and install them (or not) where you want. Is it really such a hassle for people to move fonts out of one specified folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2005 Dec 09, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is it really such a hassle for people to move fonts out of one specified folder?

Is it really such a hassle for the installer to install fonts in the system font folder, or to give an option to choose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it's a major hassle for the installer to install fonts in the system folder but it would be a major hassle for many users, especially if they have other fonts there with the same name. As for giving you the choice, I don't really see much of a difference between sitting there going through the fonts in an install screen or going through them in the common fonts folder after the install. Either way, you get to choose which stay on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be being naive, but I would assume that a font in the system fonts folder with the same name is the same font, so wouldn't be installed again.

Frankly, I didn't realise there was an Adobe fonts folder until I searched after coming across this thread. I wonder how many other users are in the same position? (BTW, I am quite tech savvy, lest you think I missed this because I'm a numnut)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nigel,

Identically named fonts can be installed multiple times, particularly if different installed locations are used. Then you have the potential for font conflicts.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts with the same internal names are NOT necessarily the same font. Apple has long had a habit of licensing from Linotype TrueType versions of the same fonts that Adobe licenses from Linotype, and keeping the names the same. The character set or other properties may differ.

Of course, on the Mac OS, there are not one but THREE system font locations (and more if you have more than one user). You'd have to decide which of those to install the fonts into.

Also, many serious font users use font management utilities (other than Apple's FontBook). These people don't particularly want applications dumping all their fonts in the system fonts folder. At least if they get dumped in a private Adobe fonts folder it's slightly clearer what's what.

Not that I'm saying that solution is great, either, just that there are pluses and minuses to any single location. Probably the ideal thing would be to have the installer ask the user what they want... but that's a bunch more complication for the installer.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2006 Apr 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,
I really appreciate the list, especially since OSX is not capable of printing the contents of a folder in list view.
In OS9, if I wanted a quik Excel spreadsheet of my font folder's contents, I could just open the folder, select all, copy and paste into Excel. The result would be the listed contents in Excel, with a little cell shuffling a nice sortable list could be created.
I haven't figured out how to do this in X yet.

Thanks again,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,
There's a shareware program called Print Window that lets me do just that in OSX. You might want to look it up. It's a Searchware Solutions product, I don't have the web address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to clean up my fonts? What fonts are required in CS2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an Adobe/Fonts folder created when you install the suite. Within
that folder is another subfolder that contains the required fonts...DO
NOT DELETE OR MOVE them.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greet,

As far as I know, only your basic system fonts.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac (Library --> Application Support --> Adobe --> Fonts --> Reqrd --> Base)

The only fonts I have in my Reqrd folder are the four members of the Myriad (PostScript Type 1) family. These are not to be confused with the optional OpenType versions.

AFAIK, the only other fonts you need are the basic fonts required by your operating system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines