• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts bundled with Creative Suite 2 (and individual CS2 products)

Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2005 Apr 22, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached PDF lists all the fonts bundled with Creative Suite 2 and the individual CS2 applications.

Enjoy!

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2005 May 31, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spoke with two people at Adobe Customer Support. Both checked CS2 Premium suite and said that BickhamPro is not in the list of bundled fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess their documentation needs help - I will look into that. The table I posted at the top of this thread started life as the official internal list of fonts bundled with CS2 - the document used jointly by marketing, engineering, and the installer folks. I just reformatted it to make it look better, and changed some of the wording to not use code names and the like.

You might want to check C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts (if you're on Windows) or the equivalent Mac location.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought Michael, are you installing all the suite or just one or two applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2005 Jun 02, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

I've checked the common files fonts folder again. Everything that should be in there is there, but no Bickham.

Zeb,

I installed the entire CS2 Suite. No problems with it -- aside from my greed for another font. They're worse than chocolates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2005 Jun 05, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also missing Bickham from my full install of CS2 Premium (Windows).

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2005 Jun 05, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, are you also on Windows, or on Mac OS? Are you installing CS2 Premium or "regular"?

If there's an installer problem, we certainly want to know about it.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2005 Jun 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

I very much appreciate your concern.

I'm using Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2. I ordered CS2 Premium as soon as it was announced, as an ungrade to my CS Premium Suite. I did a full install of the CS2 Premium without deleting any of the CS Premium which is still on my system.

I suspect that rather than this being an installer problem, it's an internal communications mix-up within Adobe concerning what is and is not included in CS2 Premium. If I'm mistaken, then the next logical question is: Has anyone on this forum gotten Bickham with their CS Suite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2005 Jun 06, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael Thall asked:
Has anyone on this forum gotten Bickham with their CS Suite?

One of my clients has installed the full CS2 Premium Edition, so I took
a look at their system today.

183 OTF fonts were installed into
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts\, including 3 weights of
BickhamScriptPro: Regular, Bold, and Semi-Bold. So the answer is a
simple, "yes".

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2005 Jun 07, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Herb,

Thank you for your detailed answer.

Thomas Phinney,

Would you please provide us Bickham have-nots with an action plan, given that my two calls to Adobe Customer Support elicited the same response -- that Bickham is not bundled with the CS2 Premium suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 08, 2005 Jun 08, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

I have already cleared up the general issue with Customer Support, by contacting a high-level support manager and making sure that the support reps are henceforth pointed to a copy of the document I posted at the top of this forum, and/or the web page here: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/type.html
(both of which list Bickham Script Pro).

Now, that doesn't explain why you can't find it. I'm chatting with people on the installer engineering and customer support ends to see who we can put on the case to look into it.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2005 Jun 09, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

Thank you. (Is your middle name Helpful?) I await developments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2005 Jun 20, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had somebody spend a few hours looking into this. He found that on Windows only, if Bickham Script Pro and/or Warnock Pro is deleted after install, further installs won't get them back. It seems only a complete uninstall and then reinstall gets them back.

Sorry for the delay in posting this. I lost track of the thread....

DETAILS

I did some playing around with the CS2 installer and found something interesting that might be related to some customers not finding Bickham Script Pro or Warnock Pro.

On both the Macintosh and Windows platform, using the Suite installer to install even one app from the Suite (e.g., GoLive) installed Bickham and Warnock--no surprise.

On the Macintosh, if I manually deleted those fonts files from the Application Support: Adobe: Fonts folder, then used the Creative Suite installer to install another application from the Suite (e.g., Photoshop), those fonts got reinstalled--again, pretty much as I would have expected.

On the Windows side, however, if I manually deleted those font files from the Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts folder, then installed another app (e.g., Photoshop), the fonts DID NOT get reinstalled.

Even more interesting, if I manually deleted the entire Fonts folder from Program Files\Common Files\Adobe, then used the Creative Suite installer to install an application from the Suite (e.g., I removed Photoshop, deleted the Fonts Folder, then reinstalled Photoshop) the Fonts folder got reinstalled as did the reqd folder inside of it (and the contents of the reqd folder) but Bickham Script and Warnock Pro were NOT reinstalled.

On a fresh machine, I tried using the Suite installer to install only Photoshop from the Suite, just to make sure it actually installs Bickham and Warnock, and it does. I then removed Bickham and Warnock and installed GoLive with the Suite installer--still no Bickham or Warnock. Then I installed Acrobat with the Suite installer--still no Bickham or Warnock.

If I use Add/Remove to completely remove ALL Creative Suite applications and support files and preferences, then reinstall an app, I DO get Warnock and Bickham.

His theory: On the Windows platform, if customers are removing those fonts, or for whatever reason they don't get installed in the first place (though I couldn't reproduce a problem here), they may not get the fonts unless they do a full removal of the entire Creative Suite package (all applications) before reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Thomas, and whoever did the testing!

My recommendation would then be to do a backup of all newly installed fonts -- just in case and -- to prevent "losing" these fonts.

Ideally, I would want control over the installation of any new fonts (which, when and where), rather than have an application installer make the decision (rightly or wrongly) for me. From your description, I see a possibility of fonts being installed twice, causing font conflicts, if you should move your fonts to some location other than the default installation.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a client's typical installation - resulting from some separately purchased
fonts, a number of Adobe product installations followed by uninstalls and/or
upgrades, what they have is a mess.

Under /Program Files/Common Files/Adobe there's an assortment of font folders:

\PDFL\ with three subdirectories, 5.0, 6.0, and 7.0, each with a CMAPS folder
and a FONTS folder, containing some duplicates, some unique.

\FONTS\ with the new CS2 OTF fonts in that directory, but it has its own
subdirectories -\Photoshop Album\, with some unique and some duplicated fonts,
and \REQRD\ with a CMAPS folder and a BASE folder with .pfb files and SOME
corresponsing .pfms, along with a subfolder containing the remaining .pfms

Then there's the c:\psfonts folder with fonts that were installed directly
with ATM.

As you said, it's a mess, and just waiting for conflicts and incompatibilities!

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW does there exist a list *with* version numbers of the CS2 fonts?
Ulrich

[unnecessary autoquote deleted]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2005 Jun 21, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version numbers of the fonts?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With "silent" updates happening behind the scenes, I think that would be an excellent idea. The whole issue of which version of the Fractions logic is support by which release of a font is turning out to be pivotal in many workflows.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. I just wanted to be sure that is what was meant.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

I don't if this applies to CS2, but the Warnock font family was easily copied directly from the install disks of CS1/XP. Warnock fonts are located in the folder: Adobe Creative Suite/Fonts (on the Installer 1 CD). If Bickham Script (and Warnock) are treated similarly in CS2, that would alleviate re-install woes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

thank you for your list.
I bought Adobe Creative Suite Premium CS2 at once especially because of the announced Adobe Garamond Premier Pro.
I carefully did what was described to get the reg.fulfillment/incentive. Then I received the screen that everything worked well and I soon would get an e-Mail with information how to get the incentive.
But no e-Mail came :-((
Now I wait since 14 days (I registered 8./9. June).
I already contacted customer support but it seems that there nothing goes further. I'm very disappointed.
I have waited for a long time for this font.
Is Garamond Premier Pro not yet ready?
Or did I miss something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2005 Jun 23, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Herb,

Yikes. It is clear from this discussion that Adobe font installations don't behave as advertised and are confusing people. I hope Adobe management take note.

Thomas,

Thank you for your troubleshooting analysis of font installations.

There are 179 otf files in my "Common Files/Adobe/fonts" folder. I didn't delete anything before or after the CS2 Prem. upgrade. Right now it doesn't seem worth the risk to uninstall and reinstall in the hope of getting the missing Bickham font when I still don't know why it didn't install the first time. I also don't know if others are missing.

Is it worth contacting Support again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's more. If you install the full version of Reader Version 7, four
flavours each of Minion Pro, Myriad Pro, and Courier Std open type editions get
installed into the application's /Resources/Font/ sub-directory.

Illustrator 10 adds AdobeInvisFont to its own /Support Files/Required/Fonts
subdirectory.

I'm sure there are more. Certainly with the older, less "integrated" programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up - Please note that I'm NOT COMPLAINING about getting those two
wonderful PRO open type fonts at absolutely no cost!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2005 Jun 28, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael:

You are not alone!

I registered my CS2 Premium Suite on 29th April and STILL have not received my Registration Incentive Adobe Garamond Premier Pro.

Apparently, I (and a number of other people) registered before Adobe had got their computers correctly programmed to handle the incentives program.

Numerous calls to Customer Support over the last two months have only elicited the response that the problem has been reported to Adobe and that Customer Service is awaiting their response.

Two months and Adobe HQ haven't yet got around to fixing a contractual obligation?!

Perhaps Thomas can put a bomb under either Customer Service and/or Adobe Systems Inc. to get some action here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2005 Jun 28, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann:

Thank you. Good to hear that I'm not alone.
Indeed I ordered CS2 (german) before it was released and immediately registered (on June 8th).

"Numerous calls to customer support ..." - exactly.
Additional I wrote some emails to them. Then I tried technical support.
Then someone from the support called me and asked me how I registered, which browser I used (while the browser isn't involved!) and what OS.
Reply! Maybe something happens! But that was some days ago (June 23th).
Then an email came, saying (I translate from german to english) "we haven't forgot you. our highest department is busy with your case".
I hope they won't need another 2 months.

some action - some marvellous Premier fonts - please!!! they were promised!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines