• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts in FontBase folder Showing in Illustrator, etc.

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I do not have Fontase installed -- I did at one time in the past.

However, fonts in the Users/usename/fontbase/fonts folder are still showing up as available in Illutrator.

When try to delete them, I get an "in use" error. I closed the Adobe CC apps, but it still happens.

NOTE: These font are not visible in the Windows 10 fonts folder...so I cannot delete them there

(I'm trying to remove all the fonts for which I have no license.)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve Sander

TOPICS
How to , Missing font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the fonts show up in (for example) Microsoft Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...they are available in the MS Office suite.

Just to make things clear:

• They are available for use in both Adobe CC & MS Office apps;that is, they are on the fonts dropdown menu, and work.
  • They do not show up in the Windows fonts directory, even with a search.
  • They reside in the Users/usename/fontbase/fonts directory, but they cannot be deleted because they are "open in System".

Thanks again.

Steve Sander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok... so this isn't an Adobe issue. Your fonts are installed... they do not need to actually be in the fonts folder to be installed.  HOWEVER, the fonts control panel should show all installed fonts. If it doesn't.... you may indeed still have some old font software running and should look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines