• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with old version of Suitcase Fusion

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 and Suitcase Fusion 3. I know they're really old versions, but I haven't really had the need to upgrade either, much less with the new subscription plans. I was trying to install a font and I got the blue screen. After restarting windows and trying to restart Suitcase Fusion, I got the error message attached. It doesn't matter if I uncheck the box or choose restart or quit, nothing happens after that. I tried reinstalling Suitcase Fusion, but without uninstalling first because I'd die if my font sets are lost.

If I sign in as a different Windows user, Suitcase Fusion runs just fine, but all my sets and installed fonts are gone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance._temp 3.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem is relative to Suitcase, why don't you contact Extensis support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't provide support for older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case anyone else has a similar problem, I found the following solution at a b4print.com forum...

"Temporarily disable any anti-virus/firewall software when troubleshooting. You may need to make your anti-virus/firewall software aware of SF3 and the FMCore to avoid conflicts. Check with the developer on how to add a program as an exception or to an approved programs list if necessary.

Do you have a bad SF3 preference file?

1) open windows task manager (control + alt + delete)

2) choose the processes tab

3) locate "FMCore.exe" and click the "end process" button

4) remove the following files:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Extensis\com.extensis.FMCore-LaunchInfo

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Extensis\com.extensis.SuitcaseFusion.db

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Extensis\FontManagementUI.exe (folder)

NOTE: "AppData" is a hidden folder. In order to view it, choose Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab and check "Show hidden files and folders."

5) open SF3"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines