• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I give someone access to a Typekit font

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to hand some work to one of my freelancers but he's not a CC member, so he can't access one of the fonts we're using in this project.

Is there a way I can share a font with him without having to buy it?

The font family is Museo Slab. I have access to it myself using my CC subscription & typekit, but this doesn't give me a local copy of the font on my machine.

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this – I am aware that licensing may be the issue here. Am I able to give me designer access to my CC subscription maybe, and if so what implications might this have?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Hello SiWinter,

Thanks for your interest in Typekit! The Typekit Services Agreement does not permit Typekit desktop fonts to be transferred to another user or computer that isn’t already licensed for that font.  Your colleague will need to have their own license for the font, either through Creative Cloud or as a traditional desktop license.

You can read more on sharing & packaging fonts here:

http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1166052

Namely: "Most existing font license agreements –

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

as a first information about the licensing rules (Adobe's legal framework), please have a look there:

http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1341590-typekit-font-licensing and here you will find this too "Typekit Services Agreement" >>>

Adobe - Typekit Services Agreement >>> Use of the Licensed Content by You.

Many letters, I see!

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Hans, but neither of those links actually answer my question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hhm,

sorry, but all these links include a big "No" to your wishes. I only want to focus your attention to:

Can I use Typekit desktop fonts for client work such as creating business cards and logos?

Can I use Typekit web fonts for my client’s websites?

aso.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hans,

I didn't ask either of these questions... See my below point on this. *

I asked if fonts could be shared. In answer to your direct message to me, and to give you some feedback, I posted a question on the forum and was hoping for a direct answer, not a link to do extensive reading on the subject... If you know the answer you could be more helpful by providing the answer (as well as your links to helpful background reading — to those who have time...)

Liz from Typekit has answered the question – thank you Liz.

We have now purchased a second licence for our designer, job done.

Best regards.

* Hans, you are providing incorrect answers to questions that aren't even being asked...

You wrote:

Can I use Typekit desktop fonts for client work such as creating business cards and logos?

(Note, I did not ask this question.)

But the answer is YES – you can. In Typekit's exact words:

Yes. You can design and print with Typekit desktop fonts. This would include generating a PDF, EPS file, or bitmapped file such as a JPEG or PNG.

Source: TYPEKIT | Typekit font licensing

You then wrote:

Can I use Typekit web fonts for my client’s websites?

The answer is again YES. Provided you have access to a Typekit business plan.

A message to people who use these forums, please don't reply to a question if you can't provide a helpful, accurate answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't I say anything other than "The Typekit Services Agreement does not permit Typekit desktop fonts to be transferred to another user or computer" but you had to read a little bit careful the links! >>> Help for self-help is the motto!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SiWinter,

Thanks for your interest in Typekit! The Typekit Services Agreement does not permit Typekit desktop fonts to be transferred to another user or computer that isn’t already licensed for that font.  Your colleague will need to have their own license for the font, either through Creative Cloud or as a traditional desktop license.

You can read more on sharing & packaging fonts here:

http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1166052

Namely: "Most existing font license agreements – including the standard EULA for the Adobe Type Library and Font Folio – do not cover sending font files to third parties, unless that third party has their own license to the same font. Similarly, the Typekit terms of service do not allow copying or moving the files that have been synced to your desktop computer."

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions. Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liz, helpful as always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Museo Slab and other Museo are also available here: http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Museo-Slab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also license  the complete Museo family: http://www.fontspring.com/search?q=museo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines