• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install PFB fonts when using Windows 7 64bit?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new 64 bit computer with Windows 7. But when I copied the fonts I was using on the old computer the PFB fonts do not work any longer.

The old ATMF program does not work on this computer so how do I now install the PFB fonts?

//Anni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hopefully you did not try to install the old Adobe Type Manager software. If you did, you may need to totally reload Windows if you cannot restore your system to its state prior to attempting to install that software!

Assuming that you didn't make that fatal mistake, the method for installing Type 1 fonts, each of which consists of a .pfb and a .pfm file is as follows:

(1)     Copy the .pfb and the .pfm  files to a single directory if they are not already so available.

(2)     Select the .pfm files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you did not try to install the old Adobe Type Manager software. If you did, you may need to totally reload Windows if you cannot restore your system to its state prior to attempting to install that software!

Assuming that you didn't make that fatal mistake, the method for installing Type 1 fonts, each of which consists of a .pfb and a .pfm file is as follows:

(1)     Copy the .pfb and the .pfm  files to a single directory if they are not already so available.

(2)     Select the .pfm files for the fonts you wish to install.

(3)     Right-click and select Install which will then proceed to install the fonts onto your system copying both the .pfb and the .pfm files to the C:\Windows\Fonts directory. Do not drag-and-drop these files! Alternatively, if you don't want the font files themselves resident in the C:\Windows\Fonts directory, when you right-click the files, select Install as shortcut. This installs the font but references it from its current location.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me.  Our old computer had pfb and pfm files in different locations.  Making a local folder on our new Windows 7 computer to contain all of the files, selecting all the pfm files, right-clicking and selecting install worked for us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines