• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a disk with Adobe Postscript Type 1 fonts ("Adobe Type Basics" ) can't install on windows 7 - no .pfm files

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The earlier discussion said contact support if you have the same problem. The only support option I could find directed me to this forum. There is a supplemental file with the .pfm files that Adobe can send. I need to find out how to get it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

I have attached a file with the PFMs. Unzip them and place them in the same folder with the font files. To install, Right-Click on the .pfm file(s) for the font(s) you want and select 'Install' from the context menu. Windows will take care of copying both the PFM and the matching PFB to the Fonts folder. They should be available to most apps, although I believe the latest MS Office (2016 or 365) will list them in the font menu but they will not be useable.

Back history: early versions of Adobe Ty

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a file with the PFMs. Unzip them and place them in the same folder with the font files. To install, Right-Click on the .pfm file(s) for the font(s) you want and select 'Install' from the context menu. Windows will take care of copying both the PFM and the matching PFB to the Fonts folder. They should be available to most apps, although I believe the latest MS Office (2016 or 365) will list them in the font menu but they will not be useable.

Back history: early versions of Adobe Type Basics shipped with ATM (either Light or Deluxe) which took care of creating the PFM files on the fly during installation so they were not included. Later versions of Adobe Type Basics were switched to OpenType and many of the fonts included were changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe Type Basics cd contains two font folders. One for Euro fonts and one for Type 1 basics fonts. I put your file in both folders, sorted by type and selected just the type 1 fonts, right clicked and installed. Worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines