• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to purchase a font called Univers LT Std (and different variations of it), but can't find it. Why??!!

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to find "Univers LT Std", I am told it is an Adobe font.  I need the following variations of the Univers LT Std.

UniversLTStd

UniversLTStd-Black

UniversLTStd-BlackObl

UniversLTStd-Bold

UniversLTStd-BoldObl

UniversLTStd-Light

UniversLTStd-LightObl

UniversLTStd-Obl

UniversLTStd-BoldCn

UniversLTStd-BoldCnObl

UniversLTStd-Cn

UniversLTStd-CnObl

UniversLTStd-LightCn

UniversLTStd-LightCnObl

Also, for what it's worth.....I really don't like this site.  The support is absolutely the worst-- everything is just a big circle and I can't seem to ever speak to a person.  What I need to talk to someone about doesn't fit into any of the categories provided, so it just keeps going in circles.   I am new to 'fonts' and Adobe is literally the worst customer experience i have EVER had.

TOPICS
How to , Purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

fontmayhem

You can license these fonts (either in their entirety, subsets, or individually) directly from Adobe via the following link:

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFontPackage&code=1791

FWIW, these forums are for the most part monitored and responded to mostly by volunteers, some of whom are Adobe employees. This is not official Adobe Technical Support.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fontmayhem

You can license these fonts (either in their entirety, subsets, or individually) directly from Adobe via the following link:

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFontPackage&code=179...

FWIW, these forums are for the most part monitored and responded to mostly by volunteers, some of whom are Adobe employees. This is not official Adobe Technical Support.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see that font family—but I need Univers LT Std. Can you help me find that, please?

UniversLTStd

UniversLTStd-Black

UniversLTStd-BlackObl

UniversLTStd-Bold

UniversLTStd-BoldObl

UniversLTStd-Light

UniversLTStd-LightObl

UniversLTStd-Obl

UniversLTStd-BoldCn

UniversLTStd-BoldCnObl

UniversLTStd-Cn

UniversLTStd-CnObl

UniversLTStd-LightCn

UniversLTStd-LightCnObl

Thanks,

e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The names you listed are the internal names within the font file. For better or worse (probably much worse), the website does not directly match those internal names to the font's actual name.

For example UniversLTStd is the internal “PostScript name” for the font licensed as Univers™ Std Roman. The LT stands for Linotype, the creator of the font family. You can match the rest of font names you have with the product names in a similar fashion.

And yes, it would have been helpful if for each font, the font's name was provided along with the “PostScript name“ as well as the slightly different names that show up on Windows font menus and MacOS font menus (they might all differ from each other)!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines