• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Font Folio 11.0

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I purchased Font Folio 11.0 years ago and need to install it to my new computer which does not have a disc drive. I have the serial number. How do I install this to my new computer? Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The Adobe Font Folio product is delivered as a DVD. The DVD contains simply directories of font files and documentation that you simply copied over to your computer system. In the case of the fonts, you would choose which fonts you wanted to install on system and use the standard operating system mechanism to install them. There is no installer on the DVD nor is there any serial number that you need to enter.

If you don't have a DVD drive on your computer, the simplest approach would be to get an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Type & Typography​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Font Folio product is delivered as a DVD. The DVD contains simply directories of font files and documentation that you simply copied over to your computer system. In the case of the fonts, you would choose which fonts you wanted to install on system and use the standard operating system mechanism to install them. There is no installer on the DVD nor is there any serial number that you need to enter.

If you don't have a DVD drive on your computer, the simplest approach would be to get an inexpensive, portable USB DVD drive (these are typically less than $50US these days) and connect it to your computer via its USB port. Then, simply copy all the files to your hard drive (or if you are space limited, copy only those you need and copy the others later as necessary using that USB drive).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dov Isaacs Any updated information on this topic would be great. I purchased Font Folio and the instructions suggest it is downloadable. However, no download links exist where Adobe's documentation suggests. No Adobe support representatives even know what Font Folio is. I assume it's been made into a downloadable product since the last Mac to ship with a DVD drive was discontinued in 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A plug-in DVD drive would seem a small investment. But still, I'd hope for better service. I can report that Dov Isaacs no longer works for Adobe, however, so is unlikely to answer.  Did you try the Contact Sales link on https://www.adobe.com/products/fontfolio.html ?

How did you buy it, since Adobe don't appear to offer this by e-commerce - only resellers and a direct sale from the number given...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I tried the link above. I spoke with three people at the number given. Nobody knew what Font Folio was.

Adobe does offer this by e-commerce (or so they say). I clicked "Learn more" in the header of that page, clicked "Buy now" on the subsequent page, and it took me here. I went through the checkout process and made the purchase.

I then received an email with directions on how to download the software, but the directions don't seem to be up to date with the Adobe website.

Sure, an external DVD drive would be less expensive than the time I've already spent searching for a download link. But I also haven't needed a DVD drive in over a decade, so it seems like a waste. Also relevent, I don't even have a DVD from Adobe. I have nothing. No physical disc; no download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines