• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ITC Stone Serif font disappeared

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, for an unknown reason my ITC Stone Serif font has disappeared from my system. I use it frequently in Illustrator. I attempted to use time machine but cannot locate the font. I've owned the fonts for so many years and by reinstalling it from older computers when i upgrade that I don't know when i originally purchased it.

Any suggestions? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

The reason why no one responded to this thread is fairly obvious. You really need to do real backups for your computer(s) on a regular and consistent basis such that you may retrieve lost or missing files. You also should have records for when and from whom you licensed software including fonts. Did you license the fonts directly from Adobe? From ITC? From Monotype via fonts.com? Elsewhere? And to make things even more complex, there are not only mulitple styles within the ITC Stone Serif font f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason why no one responded to this thread is fairly obvious. You really need to do real backups for your computer(s) on a regular and consistent basis such that you may retrieve lost or missing files. You also should have records for when and from whom you licensed software including fonts. Did you license the fonts directly from Adobe? From ITC? From Monotype via fonts.com? Elsewhere? And to make things even more complex, there are not only mulitple styles within the ITC Stone Serif font family, but there are different versions with different character sets supported from various font vendors/foundries.

Clearly, there really is no way that you can magically retrieve the font files. Sorry!

By the way, you don't own the fonts, but rather, you purchased a license to use the fonts.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines