• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Minion 3 – (re-)enable Th-ligature without using dlig?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

First off, I'm very happy about the rework around Minion which saved me from choosing another font for a book project containing glyphs not included in Minion Pro.

Unfortunately Minion 3 also moves the Th-ligature from the standard liga to discretionary dlig. I know this is controversial (no need to discuss if it's right or wrong, thanks) but I would love to keep the Th-ligature—but without all the swashes in dlig. Is there any way to activate it as an otf-feature on its own (stilistic sets? alternate character?)—without stetting it by hand each time?

As far as I can see there is neither any documentation nor specimen for Minion 3 available and minion.typekit.com doesn't mention and tutor all the technical features.

Thank you very much and best regards,

yad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am seeing this by coincidence, hopefully this late reply is useful.

The way to achieve this is via GREP styles.

• create a new character style (called “dlig”, for instance), which does nothing but activating Discretionary Ligatures
  • create a new paragraph style, choose GREP style and pick the dlig character style. In “To Text:”, fill in Th

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 12.55.44.png

• apply the new paragraph style to your text – voilà, Th ligatures appear.

(of course, you can also add the GREP style to an existing paragraph style)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines