• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most commonly used CJK glyphs?

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this can't be answered. Trying to get a font through the localization process and I continue to find missing glyphs for the CJK that I haven't created. Thankfully, less each iteration.

Is there a reference list for the most commonly used CJK font glyphs?

I have included Hiragana, Katakana, and 72 of the CJK Unified Ideographs. I hesitate to delve into the other 20992 CJK UI without having some list or guidance.

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

The most common CJK characters depends on the language or region. An obvious candidate is the ideograph that means one, U+4E00, which is found in the most basic East Asian regional character set standards. You'd need to pick characters that are common across all of the most basic East Asian regional character set standards, meaning GB 2312 (China), Big Five (Taiwan), JIS X 0208 (Japan), and KS X 1001 (Korean). Although no character codes are provided, this document may help to narrow down the ch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common CJK characters depends on the language or region. An obvious candidate is the ideograph that means one, U+4E00, which is found in the most basic East Asian regional character set standards. You'd need to pick characters that are common across all of the most basic East Asian regional character set standards, meaning GB 2312 (China), Big Five (Taiwan), JIS X 0208 (Japan), and KS X 1001 (Korean). Although no character codes are provided, this document may help to narrow down the choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To provide even more helpful information, I cross-referenced all 20,902 characters in Version 1.1 of the URO, and found that these 2,513 ideographs match the criteria that I stated in my original reply.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Ken. Now I am in overload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, but I imagine that it is a good overload.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines