Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Myriad Pro licensing options

Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there a license available for Myriad Pro that allows embedding and distribution of the font in an app?

If yes, how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Font application embedding and font serving is not allowed under the standard Adobe font EULA -- but you can write to font-licensing@adobe.com for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer for this? I've got the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

havard.ranum@evry.com wrote:

Are there a license available for Myriad Pro that allows embedding and distribution of the font in an app?

Not at this time, but we are looking at making them available in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have one question about the Myriad Pro licensing option.

Soon we will found a company and we would use Myriad Pro as

1) a part of our Logo for some letters

2) On out website

3) as standard font in letters, documents etc.

4) in brochures for marketing

Could you please let me know, if we can do this with a commercially available license and where we could purchase it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, if you are not distributing the font in some way, but only using it to create documents, images and other collateral (such as your logo), then the normal purchase option already available will cover that. You would need to purchase a font license for each computer (or person?) that will be using the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much.

How would it be, if we only take it for the logo and website? (since I doubt our small startup could cover getting the license for every PC using it)

What kind of a license / how many do I have to purchase then?

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it matters if you use it for logos + brochures or logos + brochures + letters + documents, it's a per computer license for creating stuff.

The website is handled differently and needs its own license. This is because you'll be "distributing" the font (so that browsers can see it) in a way that's different from using a font to create stuff.

I'm not an expert though. Just trying to figure it all out myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said, using Myriad Pro for logo design, desktop publishing, and rasterized images (e.g. Photoshop) is just fine. Distributing the font itself (except when properly embedded in electronic documents like PDF) is not allowed.

Adobe does not license its fonts for hosting as web fonts; you can, however, use Myriad Pro in web pages through Adobe Typekit or Extensis WebINK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miguel,

Would it be "legal", if you will, to embed Myriad Web Pro in Desktop application, for the use of displaying text to the end user?

This would NOT let the user use the font to create their own documents, etc, and would be embeded in the application itself and not installed on the users computer, so if the application is removed then the font would no longer be on the users computer.

Is there someone I could call (in legal or sales perhaps) that I could talk to about this?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font application embedding and font serving is not allowed under the standard Adobe font EULA -- but you can write to font-licensing@adobe.com for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about "Myriad Web Pro"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

has anything changed regarding usign the Myriad Pro in an app?

thanks,

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawel. I’m afraid not. We realize there is great interest in licenses for app embedding, and it’s something we certainly would like to offer in the future.

Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client's brand font is Myriad Pro and we are building an eCommerce application that requires Myriad Pro as part of their global brand standards. How should I proceed? Can we purchase an app licence yet? Is there a sales person I can contact about this to purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anything changed regarding license of Myriad pro in embedded application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no.

Regards,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I cannot use Myriad pro in an embedded application?

Is there any other font similar to Myriad pro for using in embedded application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend having a look at Fontspring.com or MyFonts.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am doing a rebranding for one of my client, and I would like to know If MYRIAD PRO it is an Open Type and if we can use freely. If it is not the case, do you know where I can find the type of license of this type?

Anyone knows that MYRIAD PRO is included by default in the Adobe programs?

Thank you in advance,

Noemí

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can purchase a license for desktop use of Myriad Pro at Fontspring:

Myriad® Pro Fonts ❯ Fontspring

Be sure to read the license agreement (EULA) before you buy. It allows output to print and electronic documents (like PDF), as well as rendered output like bitmaps and video. To use Myriad Pro on the web, use Typekit:

Myriad Pro | Typekit

Regards,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably Apple have a special arrangement for their usage of Myriad Pro on the web without Typekit? They appear to be embedding the fonts directly on apple.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines