• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to locate "Myriad Roman" ASAP!

New Here ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make small revisions to a book for a second printing. The original files are in FrameMaker. When I load them I get the message that Myriad Roman is a missing font. The system does have Myriad MM installed. I'm looking for the fastest fix. Ideally, I'd just like to install "Myriad Roman" on the system. If this font can't be found/purchased, then what is the best substitution? Again, I do have the Myriad MM on the system. Thanks!
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A font with a different name will not do.

Adobe sell 62 Myriad typefaces on http://www.adobe.com/type/ -
unfortunately it isn't clear which one, if any, contains Myriad Roman.
They all seem to be Myriad Pro something. It may be discontinued like
MyriadMM.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myriad Roman was a Type 1 font. Adobe's Type 1 fonts have been discontinued but might still be available for purchase (there used to be a link for the T1 fonts, but I can't see it now). If Thomas or Dov is wandering by, they should be able to point you in the right direction. Alternatively, you could substitute the regular master of MyriadMM - it should be very close to Myriad Roman in metrics and outlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm resigned to doing a font substitution. I guess Myriad Roman has vanished into cyberspace....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe because they may still sell it. Alternatively, go through your old Adobe CDs - one of them is bound to have Myriad Roman on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find it here! Worked like a charm. https://fontsgeek.com/fonts/Myriad-Roman-Regular

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone currently subscribing to Adobe Creative Cloud, be it a single app plan or the full all apps plan, can legally acquire Myriad via one or more places. Some applications, such as Adobe Illustrator, have variants of Myriad built into the application. The Adobe Fonts service offers pretty much the entire Myriad Pro type family to sync. That's 40 static OpenType fonts. There are Arabic, Bengali, Devangari and Hebrew versions of Myriad available to sync. The old "stressed" Myriad Wild typeface can also be activated. Finally the variable version of Myriad (Myriad VF) is also available. For a long time Illustrator has included the "variable concept" version of Myriad to only use in Illustrator. Myriad VF can be activated where any application installed on the computer can use it (provided if that application supports variable fonts). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2008 May 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myriad Roman in Type 1 is not currently available for licensing. It may have been an oversight in discontinuing a special font package that happened to contain it, or perhaps it was only ever used for bundling with applications.

Myriad Pro Regular is the closest thing available. it is exceedingly close, but there may have been some minor outline tweaks, and it certainly has more/better/different kerning.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It may have been an oversight in discontinuing a special font package that happened to contain it.

I believe that it was in the Adobe Originals Sampler 1 (and may have been in Type on Call).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Toni... ( & anyone else who is pulling their hair out and screaming "Where the hell is the Myriad-Roman font!!!" )

I ran into this same dilemma... Here's the solution:

Myriad-Roman is the default font used by Illustrator CS.  (In Windows) It can be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts\Reqrd\Base... The file is called "wmr_____.pfm".  Click on it and you will see that it is in fact the "Myriad-Roman" font.   Two files are required to use a Type 1 font under Windows. The PFB file contains the actual font outline data. The PFM file contains metric data including kerning.

Hope this helps.  Keep rockin' it!

Jeremy

[signature deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeremy, you ROCK!

I was really frustrated after a windows reinstallation and din't have any idea from where to get back this particular font, as i didnt' know where it originally came from.

Thanks, man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2010 Aug 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Produce publications  on a Windows machine for a government agency whose standards requre Type1 fonts . Occasionally we send our materials to newspapers and outside service bureaus that require Type1. I led a migration from PageMaker to InDesign CS4 so my work computer still has the Type1 fonts.

Since I am a contractor, access to my office is limited to 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Occasionally, need to touch up a file or change it outside those hours and my computer at home is a Mac. Have InDesign CS4 and the entire Creative Suite 5 onboard.  But the Mac did not have the PostScript version of Myriad, Myriad Pro just isn't a close enough match to Myriad Roman  to bring the files back into my Windows computer at work. The spacing and leading change.

Then, in my "old programs" CD case, found my old Adobe PageMaker 7 disk and found the PostScript version of Myriad!

\\Fonts\Template Fonts\Myriad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint, I found the font in that location after installing an older Photoshop Elements 2 (checking only the sample and support options in the installer).

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mac, go to the Adobe Illustrator CS3 (possibly other CS3 or earlier apps) and right click (or ctrl click/contextual click) on the application and select "Show Package Contents". Then, navigate to Required/Fonts and you should find a series of MyriadRom fonts. Make sure you don't move them out of this folder, but "Copy" then into another location. You can use copy and paste from the clipboard, or on a mac, hold down the option key after you start dragging the files to another location. From there you can install the fonts in the normal ways. Save a copy somewhere for future use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines