• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no space left in End User subarea

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2003 Aug 22, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello FDK Developers,<br /><br />After compiling some fonts I got an error code don`t know to handle<br />right. Some glyphs don`t be encoded in unicode.<br /><br />If I change the GlyphOrderAndAliasDB and assign the glyphs direct to a<br />specific unicode value everything works well. But it should work without<br />such a workflow.<br /><br />MakeOTF reports error codes like this one:<br /><br />makeotflib [WARNING] <FontName> glyph <yen.titling> not encoded in<br />Unicode cmap: no space left in End User subarea<br /><br /><br />Andreas
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2003 Aug 25, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not much I can do about this issue. <br /> <br />The problem is that the end user block is of limited size, and your font has filled it up. MakeOTF uses this area to assign arbitrary Unicode values to all the glyphs for which its heuristics cannot derive a valid Unicode value. When this happens, there are no other Unicode values that can be used. <br /> <br />Your comment about using GAODB to assign Unicode values suggests to me that you do have valid Unicode values in mind for at least some of these glyphs; if this is the case, then you should not be letting MakeOTF assign end-user-area values, which have no semantic value and which will map to different glyphs in different fonts. The MakeOTF heuristics only cover a relatively small number of glyph names, so all glyph names not covered by the heuristics should be assigned Unicode values either by using a "uni<XXXX> name or with the third column of the GAODB file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2003 Aug 25, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Read Roberts wrote:
>
> There is not much I can do about this issue.
>
> The problem is that the end user block is of limited size, and your font has filled it up. MakeOTF uses this area to assign arbitrary Unicode values to all the glyphs for which its heuristics cannot derive a valid Unicode value. When this happens, there are no other Unicode values that can be used.

Thank you Robert for your comment.

The truth is, it is enough space left in the PUA. MakeOTF stops on
position uniE13C its encoding of the rest of the glyph data.

If I set up / assign my own PUA values to the glyphs everything works
fine. BTW. This is my default workflow.

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines