Open Sans Font missing / unable to install

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the font 'open sans' installed via Creative Cloud. 

But in the Creative Cloud font dashboard, I see there are problems with some of the weights. (light, italic, bold, bold italic)

If I go online to Creative Cloud, I see the entire family is activated. 

In XD, the file I'm working on is missing some of the weights (bold, italic, regular, semibold) So no logic there. 

In XD also the choice I have in the font menu is only regular, light italic, semibold (italic) and extrabold (italic). So no logic there either. 

Can anybody help? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue — any resolution? Initially Extrabold was also not working but was able to get that working.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get ExtraBold working?  That's the one that I keep getting a prompt about when I open Premiere or After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same problem. I've deactivated and reactivated, and I can't get all of the font family.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend going to Google Fonts and downloading it from there. The package you get from them directly comes with both variable and static (use the static ones.. do not load both), and are v3.0 (Adobe is still serving the v1.0 versions).

Make sure you disable the Adobe fonts versions before you do, as there's a naming difference for the Regular weight.

The outlines are identical to both, but there are extended character sets in the v3.0

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines