Proxima Nova - Bad font rendering at small sizes

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

we use the typeface Proxima Nova Semibold for one of our clients. Unfortunately the font renders bad at smaller font-sizes (18px) Please take a look at the attached Image. We bought the font at MyFonts.com. At the Adobe Font Section the typeface is rendered nicely. https://adobe.ly/2wCXt9k

Is there a way to optimize the font that it renders much smoother in small sizes? If there is no way, can you prefer a very close Alternative with a very good legibility?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Andi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be differences in the font formats involved.

The Proxima Nova fonts offered via the Adobe Fonts service are in OpenType CFF format. The same fonts offered by MyFonts.com are offered in either OpenType CFF (Type 1 Bezier outlines and hinting) or OpenType TTF (TrueType quadratic outlines) formats. The Proxima Nova fonts that I have on my particular systems are OpenType CFF and I have see no problem at small point sizes. Did you license the OpenType CFF or the OpenType TTF version? That might account for some differences.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dov,

thanks for your quick reply. I forgot to mention that we use the font as a webfont for the clients website. Thank you very much!

Andi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines