• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstall Fontfolio

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was sent to the forum to ask my question. I had fontfolio installed on my machine. I suffered a hard drive crash and am rebuilding it. I'm looking to download fontfolio again but it's not listed in my creative cloud apps list or anywhere in my adobe account.  I really relied on this software and need to get it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Adobe Font Folio isn't an installable piece of software. Rather, it is a DVD (or DVD image) containing the Adobe Type Library. One doesn't run an installer from that disk, but rather, copies or installs the fonts from the disk per your operating system's standard procedures.

Although a one-time download link may be provided for customers who license Adobe Font Folio on-line, for obvious reasons, we don't make a permanent download link available to the public.

Quite frankly, assuming you had origin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Font Folio isn't an installable piece of software. Rather, it is a DVD (or DVD image) containing the Adobe Type Library. One doesn't run an installer from that disk, but rather, copies or installs the fonts from the disk per your operating system's standard procedures.

Although a one-time download link may be provided for customers who license Adobe Font Folio on-line, for obvious reasons, we don't make a permanent download link available to the public.

Quite frankly, assuming you had originally copied the Adobe Font Folio disk (or disk image) contents to you computer's hard drive, the best solution to your problem is to retrieve the files from your system's backup. You do back up you computer, don't you?

Otherwise, if you licensed the Adobe Font Folio directly from Adobe, you might try contacting Adobe Customer Support by phone and explaining your situation. They might be able to assist you there. This forum is not Adobe Customer Support and as such, we cannot provide further assistance here.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where font folio installs the fonts typically? I'm not able to easily search my backup files. I can search for a file, but can't then see that file's location in the backup. I'm using Crashplan.

If I know the folder location, I can navigate to it in Crashplan and restore that location.

Many thanks!

- M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font Folio itself doesn't install fonts! The user either copies the fonts to the system's font directory, under Windows right clicks the font file and installs the font using the context menu, or installs the font using a third party font manager. If you can search Crashplan (I assume that is a backup facility) for files with the suffix .otf you should be able to find the fonts (OpenType CFF fonts all have the suffix .OTF).

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows they should be in C:\Windows\Fonts (unless, as mentioned, there was some sort of unusual third-party font manager).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe yes … and maybe no!

Windows allows you to “Install as Shortcut” via the right-click context menu. If you install via a shortcut (effectively a link), those fonts can be anywhere in the file system accessible to Windows including a server, a thumb drive, etc.

- Dov

PS:     Many of us, including myself, do install fonts in this manner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines