• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit: Proxima Nova Semibold (Font Weight: 600) looks like Extra Bold when used in websites

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we use Proxima Nova Semibold on our sites that's looks like same weight like what on the Typekit website?
Typekit link: Proxima Nova | Adobe Fonts
Preview on my browser (Google Chrome): Screen Shot on 2019-03-04 at 09-55-05.png • Droplr

This is what it looks like when we use it in our websites
Preview on my browser using the Webflow app (Google Chrome):
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 09.57.58.png • Droplr

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CBO - Chev,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. On the Proxima Nova page you liked to, those are web fonts and the semibold doesn't look extrabold there.

This means that for some reason, the extrabold is in use when the semibold should be used. This can happen if the semibold hasn't been added to the web project and so, extrabold or bold are the closest alternate weights.

Could this explain the issue you're seeing here? If not, would you send us an email with your account and web project details? We'll look into it further.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines