• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Myriad Pro as Windows System Font

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in IT at a University.  The Geography department wants to use Myriad Pro in some cartography.  The professor noticed that the Myriad font file is included with Adobe Reader (which is installed on many computers on campus).  They want me to use this font file to install Myriad Pro as a "system font" that can be used inside other applications like Microsoft Word or their Cartography program.

Is this type of usage allowed?

Thanks

~Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi Tom. You will want to read your own software end-user license agreement (EULA), but it should have a reference to restricted fonts.

As the "restricted fonts" page explains, Myriad Pro is an example of a font that has been included with the software for the exclusive use of the software itself. The fonts cannot be used for any other purpose beyond that. So, to be clear, copying any such fonts and installing them for use in other applications is not allowed.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom. You will want to read your own software end-user license agreement (EULA), but it should have a reference to restricted fonts.

As the "restricted fonts" page explains, Myriad Pro is an example of a font that has been included with the software for the exclusive use of the software itself. The fonts cannot be used for any other purpose beyond that. So, to be clear, copying any such fonts and installing them for use in other applications is not allowed.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clarification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines