• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web and Desktop Font Workflow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create PRINT materials (textbooks mainly) using InDesign CC on a Mac. However, in the future, we are going to convert these Indesign PRINT files for use in DIGITAL products. The people in charge of the digital side, want us to use the same font for both. We currently use HelvNeueCond which does not have a Web version of their font. So, we are looking at changing everything. 

I assume if we purchase licenses for both the Web and Desktop version of the font (Nimbus Sans Cond), we would be set.

My question is this: When switching between ONLINE and PRINT, do I have to literally do a search in Indesign and replace all WEB fonts to OPENTYPE fonts (or vice versa depending on whether going from Print to Digital or Digital to Print)?

This seems like such a simple situation, but can't find a definitive answer. Before the company purchases these fonts and changes their branding look with a new font, I would just like to know what our workflow will have to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'd often expect to use different fonts for different deliveries of the same material. It should be a matter of changing just one style and everything follows. If it turns out you don't have to, that's fine, but always expect font changes and be prepared to do them in five minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines