Copied

Which one choose now for Pr and Ae?

TOPICS
CPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Already bought i9900K.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3900x, vastly superior for timeline performance, export time is irrelevant for serious editors.

Don't trust benchmarks from system integrators like pugetsystems  that have to move Intel cpu's inventory, they will outright lie so they get rid of those expensive Core i9 1000$ cpu's, 3900x is equal or beating I9-9920 X in timeline performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given your reply, I guess you did not read latest review tests run by Pugetsystems with 3900X. Take a look, results are really interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i said, they will lie and cheat.

Get the files they used for the Premiere pro benchmark and put them on the timeline, they used broken h.264 and h.265 files, timeline performance benchmark numbers on puget systems basically says there is no computer in the world that can handle heavily compressed h.264 and h.265 10 bit files, I wonder how on earth all the people with GH5's edit 10 bit 4k footage.

While Premiere pro has some bugs and it's the least optimized software in the NLE space, it's not that bad that you can't work with it, you can use it with pretty much any files from most mirrorless cameras and it will work with a decent computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GH5's edit 10 bit 4k footage

Proxies!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For gh5 4k 10 bit you don't need proxies if you have a 6 core from both AMD or Intel, it will work just fine for cutting single or multicam, who owns GH5 knows this.

Now, if you believe what Puget systems says, no CPU in the world can work with 10 bit 4k compressed, well, they say 9900k  kinda works sometimes but most scenarios you get 3-4, 9-10 fps, impossible to work.

Those benchmarks are misleading, they need to deceive you, if people were to know you can edit  4k footage just fine with a dirt cheap ryzen 2600 which is like 140$ then what would be the point of those high price systems they sell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already bought i9900K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are you happy with your purchase? I'm currently on the same boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines