• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4070 ti super vs 7900 xtx

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi im trying to decide between the 4070 ti vs radeon 7900 xtx for Premieor pro/ after effects.

I use 4k h.265 sony files.

I currently use a 2070s im hoping this will be a big jump in performenace? I know everyone says CPU is matters moslty but im hoping through updates adobe has been taking advtange of the GPU more.

I have noticed that when I "Render in to out" in PP i can somtimes see 100% gpu useage. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way you are going to get a reply here is in the (very rare) instance that someone has used both

I would go to Google and enter 'something like'

compare nvidia 4070 ti to radeon 7900 xtx

or

nvidia 4070 ti versus radeon 7900 xtx

to find out if such a comparison exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I bought a Radoen 7900 XTX mainly for gaming purposes (it's a waste of money, I know) but I know a friend who bought a 4070-TI Super so he could play games with me, and in my oppinion the Radeon outperforms the NVIDIA. It is up to you which card to get. I wouldn't get the non super model of 4070 TI because the extra Vram (16GB) is worth the extra cost even if you don't do vram intensive stuff, you never know what you will end up doing in the future... I feel like they are both storng options, but if I were you, I would lean to the 7900 XTX (though in my case I use a lot of Vram for what I do so getting less ray traceing is worth the 24GB of Vram). Though if power consumption or heat output is a problem, I might go with the NVIDIA because it produces almost half the heat of the Radeon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that choce may be fine for gaming. But video editing utilizes the GPU in a completely different way than games do. Hence my response: AMD simply refuses to support any newer version of OpenCL than it already does, and Adobe has no known current plans to support what replaces AMD's implementation of OpenCL while it may soon require a newer version of OpenCL just to even enable its GPU acceleration at all.

More specifically, AMD still supports only OpenCL 2.0 on its gaming GPUs while everybody else (Nvidia and Intel) already supports OpenCL 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you are saying, it seems like NVIDIA is the better option then. Thanks for pointing that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also be sure to use the STUDIO driver, not the Gaming driver

nVidia Driver Downloads https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
-for all Adobe programs use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
-To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive
-testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top
-creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between the two, go for the RTX 4070 Ti SUPER. You see, AMD has depreciated OpenCL (which is now stuck on OpenCL 2.0, which is now 12 years old, for its gaming GPUs) in favor of the new ROCm API. And since there are currently no known plans for Adobe to support ROCm for GPU acceleration, the next major version release of Premiere Pro may require OpenCL 3.0 or higher support, thereby locking the Mercury Playback Engine (MPE) to the software-only rendering mode when an AMD GPU is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines