• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A graphics card for my build.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently looking for a graphics card for video editing, but, I can't find much info regarding this.

I have:

Motherboard: MSI z97 Gaming 5

CPU: I5-4670K (planning to upgrade later)

Ram: 8gb ram ddr3 corsair (will buy more)

SSD: x2 samsung pm871b 128gb

HDD: 2tb Seagate

PSU: Corsair TX750W.

I need help getting a budget graphics card.

Could be Nvida or AMD, whichever helps me the most, and allow me to play some games.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Hardware Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running Premiere Pro, nVidia CUDA will still outperform OpenCL.

With that out of the way, right now a GTX 1050 Ti, which would have been nicely matched (balance-wise) to your current i5-4670K CPU, still costs more than $200. But sub-$100 GPUs for the most part are so underpowered that they actually degrade the CPU-only performance.

So for the moment, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I upgrade CPU (which Im planning to do)?

I'm looking at some 1050s any model would do or amount of GDDR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you afford to go to a i7-4790K, it is the fastest processor for that socket and you go from 4-cores nonhyperthreadable to 4-cores with hyperthraading (8-threads) plus much faster clock speeds.

The amount of GDDR5 memory generally depends on the resolution and what format the media you are working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think mostly 1080P. But its always good to be future Proof.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HC71  wrote

future Proof.

There's no such thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also second Bill's suggestion for a CPU upgrade. That opens up the possibility of upgrading to higher-end (and thus more expensive) GPUs such as a GTX 1070.

But for a budget GPU after upgrading to an i7- 4790K CPU, I would not recommend going below a 2 GB GTX 1050. (Whereas you might be able to get away with a cheapo GT 1030 if you were to stick with the i5-4670K.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... Going for a 1050 or 1050 ti or 960 or 970 were some recommendations from friends. What you guys think would be the best at the moment and keeping in mind the posible CPU upgrade in the next month or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines