• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advantage in switching from RTX 3060 to RTX 4070

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have a Dell 8940, with an i9 processor, and an Nvidia RTX 3060 GPU. Would going to a newer Nvidia GPU improve speed? The GPU i am looking at is the RTX 4070.  Would this help speed things up in premiere pro?

Thank you,

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

In your case, coming from an RTX 3060 (assuming that you have the 12 GB version), the RTX 4070 would not sufficiently improve your system's performance to justify spending $500 on since your 11th-Gen i9-11900 with only 8 physical CPU cores (16 threads) would limit your system's performance potential.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your case, coming from an RTX 3060 (assuming that you have the 12 GB version), the RTX 4070 would not sufficiently improve your system's performance to justify spending $500 on since your 11th-Gen i9-11900 with only 8 physical CPU cores (16 threads) would limit your system's performance potential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines