Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Affordable desktop pc that can premier pro

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone know what the most affordable desktop is to run premier pro. I've been looking at laptops and desktop but I just can't be sure what will run premier pro without spending £1000s. I am based in the UK. Any advise or ideas would be appreciated. Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use something like PC Part Picker and build something out, or start with one of their pre-builts and then make tweaks to it. Some general notes: CPU is the thing that does the most work in Premiere, so lean toward CPU power over GPU power (although you still need a GPU).

Another thing that I like to point out with hardware questions: Hardware is only one piece of the puzzle. The type of media you work with – video codec, frame size, frame rate, bitrate, color specs, etc., and what you do with it – all have a massive effect on performance and stability. If you work wtih edit-optimized video codecs you can make an old machine go a hell of a lot farther, and conversely, you could spend $5,000 on a computer and still bring it to its knees with the wrong workflow. So there is no magic hardware combintation out there that is going to run everything you throw at it without concern for workflow. In other words, hardware can't fix workflow problems.

At its simplest, if you want to run Premiere Pro, just meet or exceed the hardwaminimum/recommendedre specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, if you want h.264 decoded acceleration, some cpu's variants should be listed in the adobe support page. you need 10 gen or newer intel. just something to consider if that's your primary working codec. your performance per pound goes farther with workstation than laptops. premiere likes faster cores more than number of cores. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-12th-Gen-Intel-Core-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5000-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines