Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bm intensity shuttle USB 3 connection issues

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peeps

We got the BM intensity shuttle last week and its been nothing but trouble--we have windows 10 pro (updated weekly) pc with i7 6800k proc 32 GB ram  512GB ssd 1 4 TB hdd. we are capturing to the ssd drive---and then cutting and pasting to the 4 tb hdd (if the capture works which we've only gotten a couple tapes to capture over a week)

I can't get it to consistently connect--If I reinstall the drivers on a daily basis it seems to work for a bit and recognize the device. But even then---it will disconnect in the MIDDLE of capturing and stop capture.

Anybody had any issues like this with this thing..possible solutions....I need to be able to set this up so other coworkers with little knowledge of the device can capture from it. (i.e reinstalling the drivers everyday and capturing the same tape 4 times before it captures the whole tape will not work.)

The stuff I've read online points me in the direction of a new shorter usb 3 a to b cable and also a powered usb 3 hub (with power adapter) maybe the USB 3 bus cannot power the throughput of this device for the whole capture--(we are capturing to 1080). Do you think that may work--any other suggestions...

I've tried capturing in both Premiere pro and BM media express---it won't capture at all in premiere and only less than intermittently in media express.

Thanks kindly

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with the BM Intensity Shuttle is that it´s hard to even get it to work. I had many issues with it and found out that i was not alone. It relies heavily on the USB3 chipset, naturally, but it´s very prone to fail with "wrong" chipsets.

If you want reliable captures, aim for the Intensity Pro PCIe card or any of the DeckLink PCIe cards. Once you do, you will never miss the Intensity Shuttle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My BM Intensity Shuttle is a Thunderbolt and works great with my Asus G750 laptop.  Thanks to the the advice of Eric Bowen (ADK) who unfortunately is no longer active in these forums.

I wonder if background programs/processes are interupting the USB activity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, their Thunderbold devices works great!

I was a dealer for BMD when their USB devices were released. I was chatting via mail with their support over and over again and none knew what the issues actually were. None of the devices we sold worked to 100% so we stopped selling BMD USB devices. (Or maybe one guy got it to work...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys

Ok thanks for chiming in--we're purchasing a new usb 3 a to b cable and a powered usb hub. Hopefully these will fix these issues. ---I'm suspecting usb 3 throughput so I'm unplugging everything else connected to usb 3 with the new cable and the powered usb hub hopefully that could help as well.

Bill any ideas what specific services/ programs I should turn off?

I'll keep you posted as I progress through this one way or another.

Thanks

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

averdahl--

thank you so much for your expertise and experience with this--I'm now very well aware that I may have to end up going the decklink route.....

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are booted up without any additional programs started how many processes show up in Task Manager/Performance tab like this on my desktop with 108 running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys

I got it to work with the new usb 3 a to b cable and the usb powered hub! Its capturing fine--now but it wont let me do anything else--for instance, when I finish capturing a tape--sometimes I'll go to minimize the media express window to work on something else --but when I maximize the media express window to begin capturing a new tape all I get is black screen--and to begin capture I need to do a full restart of the cpu. This happens if i just minimize media express and open up windows explorer, and then go back to maximize media express--has anyone ever had this issue? As long as no on screen software/os pop ups show or i don't minimze media express it will capture fine--but it just does not make sense that a simple search would totally render the software useless until the next resart--any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the problem is only USB related see if you can get rid of it by seeing if there is an update of the USB drivers or it your motherboard  bios could be updated.

Do you have UASP installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill--I'll double check the usb 3 drivers--I updated them via device manager one by one-- about 2 weeks ago when this problem started. Ill look into it--question about the motherboard as this is a work cpu how would I find the motherboard--I tried to find it in in msinfo32.exe--but could not find the make and model of the motherboard..is there a good way to see this through the gui or do I need to go into the bios?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Speccy and drill down for more detail than the Summary data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok--Bill thanks--will do--last night I was able to capture to 1080i with it and got through quite a few tapes-as long as i dont open any other window or programs it seems to be ok--its a bit of a pain--but hey at least its working for now--I will report back on the motherboard--I will check it next time i'm in. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines