• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer for Premiere (and other adobe products)

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a little bit of a predicament.  I'm going to get a new computer but have no idea what I should go with.  I don't know if this is the right place to put this thread, and I'm sorry if it isn't.  I am a filmmaker and will soon be getting Premiere Pro and some of the other Adobe products from my school, and need a decent computer to be able to run the software.  My most used software would be Premiere, Lightroom, Photoshop, and After Effects once in a while.  I've left a link to a chart I made with 7 of the laptops that I picked out.  I would like to whittle the list down a little, and would like some input.  I want to know if anyone has any suggestions.  Thanks! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w-DvKBQxvh1zIYKTtjGeB4lySv0MRbwWaP14uOWH2_Q/edit?usp=sharing

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... I would recommend a Dell XPS 15 with relatively good specs. I know it is not on your list, but I use that for editing on the go and am happy with it.  I've read that the surface can be OK for editing, but I only have an older Surface that would defnitely not handle PrPro well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a Dell G3 (15 I think) on the list as well, but I was told by a friend of mine that (and I quote) "Dells suck".  I'll look into the XPS 15 though, and thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to bother you again but is 8 GB of RAM good enough to run Premiere smoothly?  I also wanted to know if any of the "Vega" graphics are good (as well as how many GB of Graphics RAM I need).  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines