Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm planning to buy Dell 3541 mobile workstation in following configuration:

- i7-9850H 2,6GHz

- 32GB RAM DDR4 ECC

- Nvidia Quadro P620 w/ 4GB GDDR5 (512 CUDA cores, memory interface 128-bit, memory bandwidth 80GB/s)

1 TB SSD NVMe

- Windows Pro 64 bit

Do you think that's enough for smooth Full HD (occasionally 4K) editing in Premiere Pro 2019, including usage of GPU accelerated effects/rendering? This relatively new Quadro P620 doesn't reach performance of P1000 (640 CUDA cores), that is listed among recommended graphic cards for Premiere Pro, but compared to older P600 has more cores and, in mobile version, also 4GB VRAM.

Thank you for the response

Jan Senius

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks great, Jan. I think you will be OK with this. If the 4K gets too squirrelly, you can always create proxies. The only thing I'd add to this is a solid SSD for your Media. You do not want to serve up media on the same drive as your OS. A second SSD can be really helpful for use as a place to store media cache and for faster exports, as well.

Make sure you get good quality SSDs, there are a lot of imposter SSDs (ones w/o the expensive DRAM chip) out there on certain "shopping" websites like Ali Express. Go with name brands on those.

Best of luck!
Kevin Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'd have one more question. As there is slot only for addind SSD with SATA connection, that is slower than NVMe connected SSD, would you recommend to replace the Windows to slower SSD (as SSD speed would inluence OS more with booting time, than system on run) and use faster NVMe SSD for media cache, exports etc..? Thank you for the response, Jan Senius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 80 of 256 Gig of my boot drive used... so I would say a 256 Gig boot drive for OS and programs and your 1T drive for everything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for recommedation. That would make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines