• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPUs supported by Premiere 2024

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community 👋 I wanted to update my video card which no longer has support for Premiere, I had a 2GB GeForce GT 710, I was searching on the Adobe page about the minimum video card requirements for Premiere 2024 but they only name the GB board memory but not the model. My idea was to upgrade to a GeForce Gtx 1660 Super 6Gb, I edit video only in Full HD 1920x1080, my question is if I can get a few more years with that model or will it become obsolete for Premiere in a short time? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you should be able to use your planned GTX 1660 SUPER for a few more years. Unfortunately, it is out of production at this point, and is becoming much harder to find new. At that price point or a bit higher my current recommendation would be either a GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB (if you can find one new),  or if you can't find it, then the RTX 4060.

And yes, anything that's currently available brand new that's not an el-cheapo GPU would be a massive improvement over your current GT 710 (which, by the way, is now obsolete due to Nvidia ceasing further driver development for that generation of GPUs, leaving it with only security patches which will end this coming September). And because it is now obsolete, that GT 710 will permanently lock all currently available versions of Premiere Pro (23.x and later) to software-only rendering (no GPU acceleration whatsoever).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines