Exit

GTX 1080

Explorer ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a confirmation on this card

GTX 1080 Graphics Card | GeForce

it looks like an absolute beast and not overly expensive - looking forward to trying it. is there any reason why it wont be supported in PR?

Cheers

Gareth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test it all man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to re-install my Titan.. Working /w same drivers (latest) on Titan, /w 1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed in the latest Premier update .3?? Any ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still broken

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about in After Effects? Will the GTX 1070 / GTX 1080 give much more improvement as against the 980Ti/Titan ? I am thinking if I should get the 1070 or 1080 if I would be using Premiere/After Effects. (For Premiere, It seems that the performance increase of the 1080 is only very minimal as against the 1070 - - less than 5%). Would this be the same case for After Effects?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this evening I turned my system on for the 1st time in 4 or 5 days - nothing, a brief flash of the lights then nothing. after some testing for power i uninstalled my 1080 and put the 980 back in. fired up first time. dead gfx card? has anyone else heard of an issue like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, just installed 1080GTX after having the Titan X. Latest drivers. Opened Premier, black-screen on any R3D footage... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a driver issue... about to return mine...

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot believe this hasn't been fixed yet 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you and me both... hope it is fixable... runs like butter in redcine-x

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you guys reported the issue to NVidia and Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea. it is a known issue.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CUDA preview fixed as of 368.69 released on July 6th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on 368.69 and im still getting black preview screens in premiere pro, I cant even render/export a project with the gpu selected instead of the software... Anyone else still have this stupid problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I returned mine. Might repurchase if issue gets sorted.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh lol rip... Yea im pretty sure nvidia or adobe (I dont even know whose fault it is) will sort it out soon, playing the waiting game is always fun :^)... not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed it for me, so it should work for you as well. Are you on Windows 10? Either way what you should try is going into Safemode. (Boot) and using a driver remove tool such as http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then boot back into normal Windows and try installing the latest drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly what you said just now, and reinstalled nvidia experience and the latest drivers. still have black screen on all previews...

Also im on Windows 7 64bit home premium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work, this is what it looks like Desktop 2016 07 13 19 41 14 01 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

368.81 is now out (July 14)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea i reinstalled windows yesterday and the new 368.81 driver, now everything works. it was the 368.69 nvidia driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought a GTX 1080, to run on a highly spec'd PC running the Adobe 2015.3 suite of products

IT DOES NOT RUN AT ALL WELL - 12 times slower than a 4 year old AMD card for final rendering.

After many calls to the card retailer the following emerges:

The GTX 1080 uses a new architecture called "Pascal" that is not supported by the current (4th August 2016) version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Do not buy a GTX 1080 until your hear that Adobe support Pascal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound right. For what it's worth, it's much faster than my GTX 760.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say that the whole story didn't sound right to me either, but I have checked and double checked. This is my audit trail

Install card

Upload latest NVidia drivers from the NVidia web-site

Check that CUDA rendering is switched on in Premiere, Media Encoder, Photoshop

Renders that took 3 minutes on an AMD  W7000 were now taking 18

Uninstall AMD drivers(In case of some sort of driver conflict)

No change

Create a new project of the same complexity(Just in case the old project was somehow optimised for AMD)

No change

Try Adobe Media encoder - slow as hell

Phone card retailer, who has never had this problem before

He phones NVidia

They come out with the "Pascal" issue

Check via TEchPowerUp GPU-Z 1.9.0 what is actually happening. The GPU is hardly being used. Even with a GPU, I might as well have only a CPU, hence the performance drop off

So it sounds as if once Adobe provide full on Pascal support the 1080 will be blisteringly fast, but today, not so.

I hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines