Exit

GTX 1080

Explorer ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a confirmation on this card

GTX 1080 Graphics Card | GeForce

it looks like an absolute beast and not overly expensive - looking forward to trying it. is there any reason why it wont be supported in PR?

Cheers

Gareth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very interesting. I'm curious what some of the heavyweights on these forums like Bill and the gentleman from ADK (apologies I'm blanking on his name) have to say on this. I'm sure they'll chime in shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I hate to disagree and I do not have a GTX 1080 but I have excellent PPBM results submitted to me where the GTX 1080 does indeed work great with Premiere 10.3.  Also as I could not currently afford the GTX 1080 but found a $250 6GB GTX 1060 and installed it and it works AMAZING.   I doubt I would ever go for the GTX 1080 for the marginal improvement that it provides at 2 1/2x the price.  Incidently while the 900 series could not be overclocked the 1000 series works great with the overclocking tools.  I am running my GTX 1060 at 2400 MHz with 96% utilization and a GPU temperature of only 44 degrees with only 73% Power Consumption!  I am getting a PPBM MPEG2-DVD with GPU acceleration score of 21 seconds.  Sure I could shave another few seconds off with a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 but is it worthwhile, not in my opinion

I wonder how many GTX 1060's this will sell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this much confusion I think I will still use my  Gtx690 and the GTX 780ti for this year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only describe my experiences. Other's may have other experiences, but I would like to hear, from someone in Adobe product management a clear and unambiguous statement about whether, from Adobe's perspective, Pascal is fully supported within the CC 2015.3 range of products.

That statement will help others wanting to know which way to go.

Remember, I got this concept of incompatibility from NVidia. They are blaming Adobe. Come on Adobe, are they dissing you for no good reason???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have a unique media problem that is not covered by my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) why don't you download today's updated version which is now setup for Premiere 10.3.  It runs well here on my x99 i7-5960X 4.5GHz platform with the GTX 1060.  We do have a great variety of media types but not all the latest.  Do not worry about some of the wording on the website it needs updating which is not easy and since Harm's passing it is not getting done because of the complexity of Joomla and Harm's architecture.

1.  Have you turned off the Accelerated Intel h.264 decoding n Edit/Preferences/Media as seen at the bottom of this image?

2.  What driver version are you using?

This thread is so long that it is hard to remember details

Thank you Randall, with my CPU only very great time of 266 seconds (266/21 = 12.6) that is a gain of 12.6 for the GTX 1060.  I expect the new 10-core i7 will do better on especially the CPU-only score but I have not seen any PPBM test results yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking at that result, it (the GTX 1060) is truly incredible, given that its stock memory clock is only 2000 MHz. That 2400 MHz gives that 192-bit GDDR5 memory a throughput of an astounding 230 GB/second. (The GTX 1060 at reference memory clocks has a throughput of 192 GB/second.)

For comparison, the GTX 970 with its "crippled" CUDA and RAM capabilities, has a memory throughput when running CUDA applications of only 168 GB/second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines