• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX 970 and Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure,it says Unsupported,but i have a doubt because i'm scared as *BEEEP!* now that i've seen this topic i've been looking for

I own a GTX 660 Ti OC 2GB and it works perfectly with my Premiere Pro CC 2014. However,i was about to buy a GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX 970 until i tought: "Will it work with my Premiere Pro CC 2014?..Better ask".. Been asking and nobody replied to me.

Because i don't want to buy a card that'll NOT WORK AT ALL with my CC 2014!

In other works: If i buy a GTX 970, will it work with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 COMPLETELY/FULL POWER, supported or not??

Please reply ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance

DV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Right now the 900 series cards are testing fine  with the MPE engine and acceleration. I have not seen any limitation including effects. So I am not sure where people are running into problems. AE acceleration is ray tracer and on the way outs. Dont expect Nvidia to maintain the version AE left at in the drivers and I would be surprised if any new cards work with it since Adobe is done updating it. Very few use it at this point and C4D with Octane is far better especially for the GPU acceleratio

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 198 Replies 198
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will both work in a Windows system (can't say for others) but you'd be cleaner to just install a single at a time. It's for other things like heat dissipation that I say that. The card you're not using can simply be disabled in device manager. You actually don't even need to but it's recommended. Otherwise it's like having multiple pairs of headphones or any other part. Consider that if you have an Intel i-series you already have an Intel HD video card and I'd wager 99% your motherboard has an audio card and ethernet adaptor built-in but many enthusiasts (gamers/media professionals) replace these for better hardware. Multiple pieces of any hardware are possible, just disable what you don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.

After posting I wanted to erase it as the idea of two different GPUs in one enclosure seemed unworkable

Like you, my reason for upgrading was primarily to allow for three monitors to be connected one of which requires a Display port.

Due to Bill's observation that 30 bit output is not available with these cards, I'm now revisiting my strategy...

Cheers

Michael ! !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started getting this error after updating my Nvidia drivers.  However if I hit ignore, it still works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully there's a fix soon or later so it won't show up for Newcomers ^^;;;....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

untitled.png

Any solution for this?

I tried to use nvenc export on AME CC 2014.2 and AME CC 2015 but the problem continues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a 660ti in my machine (editing with cc 2014) and the guy pricing up my new machine has recommended the GTX 970 or GTX 980. Are these still officially not supported as mentioned earlier?

Which card would you guys go for if you were buying a new one today for around the £200 mark? Or should I just keep my 660ti..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC models do NOT have any list of supported or unsupported built into them ... IF the gear is up to snuff, they use it ... if too old/paleolithic, they don't. So there is a list of the ​recommended​ capabilities of video cards for the DVA's, but no list of "supported" cards. Hasn't been since CS6 what, four years ago?

I've been using a 970/4Gb card for a couple years, works fine. Looking at the 1080/1070 cards and drooling.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just keep what you have, theres just not that much difference. trust me i used them all.

A faster processor, more memory and an SSD drive will all make much more difference to your workload than a new GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Guys. firetrak thats what I suspected to be honest. I'm going for an 8 core i7, 64gb ddr4 ram, and a pci-e ssd for project files, high speed ssd for cache and my existing ssd for OS so I think everything else will hopefully be up to spec.

Sound card and gpu are the 2 things I'm unsure of, I think I might go ahead with the upgrade and keep my existing GPU and sound card as you suggest and then maybe spend some more time researching. To be honest the 660ti has never let me down and it works well with my monitor setup having 2x DVI and 1x HDMI outs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've gone through so many different cards from $1000+ to $200 and they just make no difference in editing.

For instance I have a 970gtx and only in After Effects does adobe even use it and then only 10% of the cards power.

I dont care what adobe says they just do not use the GPU barely at all.

Now I will notice AE using using 30gb of my 32gb in my machine and 100% of my CPU, which tells me all I need to know.

Even an SSD cant be fully utilized as the process speed is CPU dependent and will never match (at least in todays versions) an SSD's throughput. But an SSD is totally beneficial for caching for simply making your PC o/s run faster and more efficiently hence making adobe doing the same, which less bottlenecks.

And ultimately its the bottlenecks you want to get rid of at any cost, because you could use a Titan card and have a slow physical drive or older CPU and less, slower memory and that Titan v/card may as well be a $50 newegg special.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

firetrak wrote:.

I dont care what adobe says they just do not use the GPU barely at all.

Here is my GTX 970 with 99% usage during the exporting of a 1080 AVCHD file to a MPEG2-DVD format with my GTX 970 on my i7-5960X at 4.5 GHz.

It strictly depends on what you are doing and what effects and features you use.  It took 27 seconds to export this 2 minute 39 second timeline.  With the CPU only it takes 10 times as long (276 seconds).  This was done using Premiere 10.3.0.202.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm weird i i'm literally outputting the same thing right now, doesn't use my card at all. And it has a bunch of color effects in the timeline.

gtx970.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to download the file that I used go to my ppbm7.com web site.  It has not yet been updated to Premiere 10.3 but just let it rename the PPBM9 project file and when it opens select the MPEG2-DVD timeline and export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool useful site, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful as it is going out of date, I am not able to maintain it properly as my dear friend Harm who did most of that has passed away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I noticed is that your GTX 970 idles at 0.850 volts now it may be different with different vendors having different settings but I checked mine and it idles at 0.875 volts VDDC.  Are you sure your power supply is capable and working properly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great observation Bill, Its a 700w PSU, but i'm not running any physical drives all SSD's so even thats overkill lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people got a huge problem about this issues, my opinion why don't you guys who has testified to see which specs and the availability of the machines that can run Adobe products, why don't you name it or show us the type of Graphic cards, Ram, speed of the Board, resolution etc, why don't you help those who suffered from this problem.... So what I'm mean now is guys if you are using a Destop machine that run all adobe products, please drop the specs, explain abit for us,  because we don't want to go buy machine that can't run it... We need help, the requirements of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to help with that ^^

Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING

CPU: Intel i7 6700K (Default clocks, no OC.I know, stupid, huh?..But it costs a lot and don't wanna BURN IT)

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake FrioOCK

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 (860W XD)

RAM: Corsair? 16GB DDR4 2133mhz

GPU: GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX 970 4GB DDR5 (3.5GB thou, faulty, but working)

HDDs: SAMSUNG EVO 750 250GB (Backup), SAMSUNG EVO 850 500GB (OS, apps, games), WD 1TB Blue (Nvidia GeForce Experience Recordings, downloads, etc...)

Monitor: BenQ XL2410T or something (120hz enabled, Nvidia 3D Vision Ready (But DISABLED for the obvious))

As for the Adobe apps, they're all up to the latest versions (Photoshop, illustrator, Premiere Pro, all CC2017, along with Camera Raw or whatever it's called)

For GPU Drivers, Nvidia 378.66 and GeForce Experience 3.3.0.100.

Anything else?^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another one:

ITEM

DETAILS

COST

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS X99 DELUXE II

SCAN BUNDLE

o/c to 4GHz

£1912

PROCESSOR

INTEL Core i7 6900K

CPU COOLER

NOCTUANH-U14S

MEMORY

8X8GB CMD64GX4M8A2666C15

POWER SUPPLY

BE QUIET DARK POWER PRO 11 1200 W

£224

CASE

Lian-Li PC90-B

£155

HARD DISK 1

SAMSUNG 840 Pro 256GB SSD              

£165

HARD DISK 2

960GGB SANDISK SDSSDHII-960G         

£201

HARD DISK 3/8

SANDISK ULTRA 2 960 GB SSD X 6

£1250

HARD DISK 9/10

SANDISK EXTREME PRO 240 GB

£214

HARD DISK 7

WD CAVIAR BLACK SATA III, 4000 GB

£190

BLU-RAY REWRITER

PIONEER 206

£65

RAID CONTROLLER

ARECA SAS ARC-1882I SAS/SATA 6GBIT 8-PORT

£505

GRAPHICS CARD

EVGA GTX980 Ti 6GB

£475

SOUND CARD

FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2i2

£105

OPERATING SYSTEM

MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL, OEM

£25

SPEAKERS

VIDEOLOGIC SCIROCCO SPIRIT

£140

KEYBOARD

CHERRY G80-3000 MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

£80

MOUSE

LOGITECH M100 CORDED OPTICAL

£12

MONITOR

EIZO CS240

£462

TOTAL

£6187

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing to do with adobe apps but i have had nothing but issues with that motherboard! Do you find you cant boot with usb hubs connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would never try to boot with a USB hub attached - in fact I am not even sure that I still have one!

Booting with external drives attached has always seemed a bit hit and miss to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work with any USB connected as far as I'm concerned. Why would you never boot with a USB hub? Just because you don't have one?

I'm talking about the USB hubs required to use a monitors USB ports for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Gigabyte Destop machine 2.9 ghz... Intel core i7 Ram 8 gig DDr3 I want to go buy GTX 970 4gb to support it

.... My question? Can it run all Adobe products? I need answers Especially Premier Pro and After Effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines