• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export HDR10 with 2 GPUs

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my system, there are 3 GPUs. A GTX 1660 TI OC 6GB, a GTX 1080 SC2, and intel UHD730.

I am looking to output a video file in HVEC with HDR10 (PQ, 4k UHD) recorded on my galaxy s24 (standard), BUT... Because of TWO DIFFERENCES in the turing encoder and the pascal encoder, it won't touch my 1080.

Here's the thing:

The 1080 DOES NOT support B-frames in HVEC mode and lacks the abillity to normalize multiple frames or whatever.

HERE'S THE ISSUE:

I come from Shotcut, so disabling these settings in my encoder prefrences is usually an option, but Adobe's complete and utter lack of hands-on hardware control makes it IMPOSSIBLE!

I have used blender with both GPUs, I have tried OpenCL options in premire, IT JUST WON'T WORK!!

I am VERY tempted to STOP using this software, as making an entire GPU worthless (and my main one at that) JUST BECAUSE OF 2 DISCREPANCIES IS SO DUMB!! I JUST WANT TO DISABLE B FRAMING AND MULTIPLE REFERENCE FRAMES FOR HVEC! it would be that simple.

My full system specs include:

GTX 1080 SC2 from EVGA (typically hovers around 1990 Mhz)

GTX 1660 TI OC 6GB (typically hovers around 1890 Mhz, Routed over 4x PCIe to NVME riser over northbridge)

UHD graphics 730

32 GB 3200MHz dual-channel DDR4

i5 12400

GIGABYTE b760 D3sh (rev 1.1)

8 TB of mismatched storage (Adobe products on G drive)

Sound Blaster X AE-5 plus pure edition (for Dolby/DTS 32 bit 384 Khz exporting, not used here.)

Eluting 7 port dual controller PCIE x1 USB3.0 hub

PCIe to 4x SATA adapter

It is obvious that my machine was purpose built for a variety of tasks, MAINLY being photo/audio/video manipulation, and I know exactly what i'm talking about. It is Adobe's fault. I am quite frusterated that after downloading the latest software or whatever  FORCED me to throw away a good chunk of my PC.

Anybody got a solution? Custom drivers? Manipulating premire and media encoder manually through code? something in the Nvidia control panel? There's gotta be something other than... you know... JUST NOT USING HDR OR HVEC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Adobe is not the only one that does that. All other video editing software programs do that, as well. No software at all can utilize two or more different encoders simultaneously – period. In the case of your system, both of your Nvidia GPUs use completely different generations of NVENC; in such an instance, video editing software will utilize only the newer-gen encoder. Many other NLE software will use only the CPU for encoding (aka software encoding).

If you must use two encoders simultaneousl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a premiere pro question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is, but it is also for adobe media engine. NONE of my GPUs are working correctly after further investigation- when rendering all functions are handed off to the 1660 Ti and when editing it appears to use all GPUs, but for different functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is not the only one that does that. All other video editing software programs do that, as well. No software at all can utilize two or more different encoders simultaneously – period. In the case of your system, both of your Nvidia GPUs use completely different generations of NVENC; in such an instance, video editing software will utilize only the newer-gen encoder. Many other NLE software will use only the CPU for encoding (aka software encoding).

If you must use two encoders simultaneously, they must be of the exact same encoder generation (for example, a Turing encoder must be paired with another Turing encoder for this to work at all). That means that your GTX 1660 Ti can only be used with a GeForce 16- or 20-series GPU for the two encoders to work together at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines