• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intel KF versus Intel K in Premiere Pro (Quick Sync boost)

Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Is there any head-to-head comparison of Intel with iGPU versus no-iGPU Intel processors in terms of performance impact in Premiere Pro?

Please share a link. 

PS: I know what K,KF,F and *empty* stand for, no need for explanation here, I just need some tests proving the effectiveness of Intel iGPUs as compared to no-iGPU porcessors of the same class, having the same name. And no AMD needed either.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the PugetBench for Creators benchmark for Premiere Pro with both my i7-12700K and an i7-12700KF (and yes, if you have a non-F CPU, you can make it an F-series CPU by simply disabling the integrated graphics in the motherboard BIOS), and found that the non-F is about 60 to 75 percent faster in processing (decoding) H.264 and HEVC footage than the F-series CPU (and that is with an NVidia GeForce RTX 4070 Ti, which itself can decode 4:2:0 H.264/HEVC footage (4:2:2 HEVC video is sent entirely to the CPU, in software-only decoding mode, for the F-series CPU since NVidia does not currently support 4:2:2 decoding on any of its GPUs)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please record a video comparison of some sort? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, benchmark runs cannot be properly recorded on an external video. The only way for me to do that would be to use actual video footage that's been encoded with H.264 and/or HEVC, and then play back a timeline that contains footage from one or more of those sources. There, the way to tell is if it drops more frames with an F CPU (in which case hardware decoding is solely through the discrete GPU) than it does with a non-F CPU (where both the integrated Intel UHD Graphics and the discrete GPU decode simultaneously), then the F CPU is less well suited to video editing.

Then again, I don't get much of a chance to perform this test because my workflow is to always transcode such footage to an intermediate codec such as Apple ProRes before importing it into Premiere Pro, in which case the performance between the F and the non-F CPU is equal to one another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, gracias anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines