• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a video editing laptop

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to video editing and am looking for a laptop that can handle Adobe CC without the stutters.  I'm typically recording 1080p but may step up to 4K from time to time.  Mostly underwater footage for home use.

I've found a Lenovo Legion Y520 that may fit the bill but wanted some educated opinions:

Intel Core i7 w/16GB

NVIDIA Ge Force GTX1050Ti w/4GB

2.0 TB HDD + 256GB SSD

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Well here is what I would order if I were to buy if it was to be Lenovo Y520 family

• i7-7700HQ
  • 16 GB RAM
  • GTX 1060 3 GB
  • 1 TB 5400 RPM  (this is a throwaway item but it supplies the cable and adapter for adding a second SATA III SSD)
  • 256GB Solid State Drive M.2 PCI

Lenovo Y520-15IKBM

Part Number:  80YYCTO1WW

Web Price:$1,549.00

Sale Price: $1,399.99

A slight step up CPU, GPU and PCIe M.2 SSD from my current laptop but I do have 24 GB of RAM and two SATA III SSD's

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which i7?

You will need to at least double the RAM.

Plan on using proxies.

The HDD is only a 5400 RPM drive, so plan on replacing it.  The PCie SSD alone may not be fast enough.

Also plan on using it with the power adapter plugged in, as the processor will be throttled back if on battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here is what I would order if I were to buy if it was to be Lenovo Y520 family

• i7-7700HQ
  • 16 GB RAM
  • GTX 1060 3 GB
  • 1 TB 5400 RPM  (this is a throwaway item but it supplies the cable and adapter for adding a second SATA III SSD)
  • 256GB Solid State Drive M.2 PCI

Lenovo Y520-15IKBM

Part Number:  80YYCTO1WW

Web Price:$1,549.00

Sale Price: $1,399.99

A slight step up CPU, GPU and PCIe M.2 SSD from my current laptop but I do have 24 GB of RAM and two SATA III SSD's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  It looks like a good starting point to get me in the game cheap(ish) and then I can boost the RAM and SSDs later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines