• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My PugetBench 0.9 Results from my two desktop systems

LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just completed testing on my two desktop systems: My reserve system with an Intel i7-7700 and a GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB card, and my main system with an AMD Ryzen R7 3800X and a GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER card.

First, my results from my i7 reserve system:

QuickSync Disabled:

Extended Overall              346

Extended Live Playback   38.6

Extended Export               30.5

Standard Overall               309

Standard Live Playback    36.7

Standard Export                25

GPU Score                        14.2

QuickSync Enabled:

Extended Overall              414

Extended Live Playback   39.2

Extended Export               43.5

Standard Overall               363

Standard Live Playback    37.5

Standard Export                35

GPU Score                        14.4

Next, my results from my main Ryzen system:

Extended Overall              637

Extended Live Playback   62.1

Extended Export               65.2

Standard Overall               608

Standard Live Playback    66

Standard Export                55.5

GPU Score                        54

These results clearly show that while the architectural changes between Pascal and Turing might not be all that noticeable in gaming or lower-resolution video processing, the 4k tests clearly show the advantages of the newer architecture in video processing - an indication that the older Pascal architecture is clearly choking under pressure compared to Turing.

And the older Intel Kaby Lake quad-core platform, surprisingly, held its own against newer CPU platforms although it is clearly at a disadvantage. This platform clearly needs a Turing-based GTX 1660 SUPER just for the performance to be balanced. Even a lowly GTX 1650 SUPER is a better GPU choice than any Pascal GPU at this point.

What's more, in the PugetSystems results list I found the lone Windows PC system that used a recent (Polaris or later generation) discrete AMD Radeon GPU - in this case, a system that used a Radeon RX 480 - and that system scored no worse in the GPU score than the higher-end contemporaneous Pascal GeForce GPUs. So while earlier tests were biased in favor of Nvidia, the last three versions of the PugetSystems test suite for Premiere Pro clearly favor the absolute newest GPU architectures, whether from Nvidia or AMD.

Hope this makes up a potential PC buyer's mind when it comes to configuring a system for video editing using the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.

Randall

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?