• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New computer build for PS, AI, web development

New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking to upgrade my painfully slow windows i7-860 (first gen, i think!).  On somewhat of a tight budget, so hoping to get some input on best bang for the buck with what's available right now.

Don't do 3d or video, and don't game.  Mostly photoshop work, vector work in AI and web development (sass compiling, live previews, etc).

• CPU - deciding between i5-8600k and ryzen 2600x.  I know most CC apps don't benefit much from more than just a few cores, but the 2 processors seem fairly even.  Any real world experience from anyone?  Want something that'll last a few years so maybe by than adobe will make some progress to better leverage 6+ cores?
  • If going with the i5, will the integrated graphics be enough?  Running a 24" 1920 x 1200 dell screen, and other than some gpu-heavy filter effects, both PS and AI seem to really mostly on CPU?  May jump up to a 27" widescreen, won't be doing 4k or dual screen.
  • I know max out ram, going wither 16 or 32 depending on pricing, crazy right now.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if no one else replies, i highly recommend https://www.pugetsystems.com/

you can email them and with your specs (including budget constraints and the work you do and programs you use) and they will make recommendations and give your option.

i'm a customer of theirs after googling my computer requirements and reading their yelp reviews a few years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe applications especially AE, Premiere, and PS benefit from leveraging more than 6+ cores. Not just a few. Only some codecs and certain plugins limit the threading. The I5 would be better for Media content applications especially PR & PS with the GPU acceleration. 16GB would be enough if you get an Geforce 1050 card. If not then you probably want 32GB. I would suggest the Nvidia 1050 regardless for Premiere and PS.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input.  Don't use AE or Premiere, so let's pull those factors. 

A big issue I have right now is agonizingly slow AI files as soon as I get a few artboards with moderately complex vector artwork, or a few placed hi-res images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then the Nvidia Geforce 1050 card or better is what you want with that system.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines