• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 with Adobe Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows CUDA section of Adobe's list of "Recommended graphics cards for Adobe Premiere Pro" does NOT include the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 as of 4/23/2019, although it DOES include the RTX 2070 and 2080, and less powerful cards like the GTX 770 and Quadro 4000. As I understand it, the GeForce RTX 2060 was introduced to be a slightly less powerful, but much more affordable alternative to the RTX 2070 and RTX 2080. Some users on these forums have commented that Premiere Pro does not recognize their RTX 2060.  Nvidia supposedly released a new new driver version 419.67 for the RTX cards running on Windows 10 64-bit on 3-20-2019.

My question is: Are any of you actually successfully using an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 with Adobe Premiere Pro? Are you able to use the hardware acceleration to its full capabilities?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch the Quadro 4000: It is a Fermi-architecture GPU that's no longer supported at all by either NVIDIA or Adobe. That's because NVIDIA had EOL'd all of the Fermi Quadros after driver branch version 375. But Premiere Pro 2019 now requires a driver version that supports CUDA 9.2 or higher just to even enable GPU acceleration at all (this means driver version 396 or higher). Driver version 375, however, supported only CUDA 8.0-too old for Premiere Pro 2019 to support MPE GPU acceleration at all. (However, the list still includes the Quadro K4000, M4000 and P4000, but Adobe has not yet certified the Quadro RTX 4000 - but the Kepler GPUs like the Quadro K4000 and the GeForce GTX 770 may have their driver support EOL'd by NVIDIA within the next 12 months; in fact, as of the newly introduced driver branch 430 the driver no longer supports the Kepler mobile [laptop] GPUs.)

With that out of the way, the reason why the RTX 2060 has not been included in Adobe's recommended GPU list is because it is very (or shall I say astronomically?) expensive and time-consuming for even a company as large as Adobe to buy every single GPU and test them. As such, Adobe tends to only test the "70"-level or higher GeForces for compatibility since they only concentrate on the most powerful GPUs of their generation.

By the way, even though the RTX 2070 on up are certified by Adobe, Premiere Pro does not currently utilize any of the new features of the Turing GPU architecture. As a result, the RTX cards get treated as typical CUDA GPUs for the purposes of Premiere Pro's MPE renderer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

something is changed on this topic from April?

Are there new drivers upgrade to let RTX2060 work efficiently with Premiere Pro ?

Which is the economical 1st level graphic Nvidia board to work efficiently with Premiere Pro

Thank you in advance

Ivano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here looking for an answer only to find more people having the same problem as me. To answer your question NO Adobe Premiere 2019 DOES not use the RTX 2060 at all when rendering.

I custom build my PC only two weeks ago only to find out now.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

32GB RAM

RTX 2060

M2 SSD

When exporting the CPU reaches 97% at the task manager while the GPU is doing almost nothing at 17% in total and 0% on the encode tab. Adobe is a joke. It supports 2070 but not 2060. A 400€ GPU.

And yes I have the latest drivers, even the new advertised "creative studio drivers" which boost Adobe's programs. Yeah not at all NVIDIA, sorry. I won't suggest you this card at all. (at least for now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have mixed the rendering and encoding together, because neither has anything to do whatsoever with the other. The trouble is that Adobe does not natively support a discrete GPU for hardware H.264 or H.265 encoding; in fact, Adobe supports only the integrated Intel HD or UHD Graphics on certain Intel CPUs for hardware encoding. (AMD CPUs and HEDT Intel CPUs need not apply since they do not support QuickSync.)

And you were also mistaken about the GPU handling everything Adobe. In fact, most rendering and encoding is software only regardless of the GPU. Adobe's MPE hardware acceleration uses the discrete GPU only as needed during certain operations (effects, scaling/resizing, frame rate changes). And around 20% GPU usage is typical, but may go as high as 50% if you are resizing your video resolution from, say, 4k down to 1080p, during export. And the CPU utilization should be at or very close to 100% no matter what; otherwise, if the CPU usage becomes erratic and/or stays much lower than 100%, then your system is likely to have a bottleneck somewhere. For example, if the GPU usage is pegged to at or near 100% while the CPU usage is erratic or low, then the GPU itself is likely underpowered. Or, if neither the GPU nor the CPU is anywhere near 100%, then the bottleneck is the RAM or storage or OS tuning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently (a week ago) got a new custom build PC with the RTX 2060, i7 10700 and 16gigs of ram for Premiere Pro, After Effects and some other softwares....

I've got the latest Studio Drivers (452.06) installed

And I'm running on PP version 14.0.3 (Build 1)

Any Info/solution as to how I could get max performance from my GPU?? Any specific settings ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an MSI motherboard with Inno 3D RTX .... Just for the info.... So could anyone please help me ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you, but 14.0.3 is one of the older versions that do not support a discrete GPU at all for hardware encoding. Only integrated Intel graphics is supported. The only way to rectify this, unfortunately, is to update to version 14.2 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the RTX 2060 is listed in the recommended section right now. However, Premiere Pro does not take advantage of it when exporting (at least h.264), which is disapointing - when even the Intel HD graphics card on my old PC was at 100% with this latest release advertising up to 3x export speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was true with all versions of Premiere Pro prior to version 14.2, which was released on May 19, 2020. It is likely that you haven't yet updated your version of Premiere Pro to that version.

Also, check your driver version. You may still have an outdated Nvidia driver version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're right, it was the drivers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to sum up, is the RTX 2060 now a good option for Premiere (and Photoshop)?

I'm about to buy one of the new 17" Dell XPS laptops. For some reason, in the UK, the top end version comes with a GTX 1650, whereas the mid-level version has an RTX 2060. I was under the impression that the 2060 was the superior graphics card and would be good for Adobe products but maybe I have it wrong and Dell know something I don't.

Maybe this belongs in a separate thread but the info here has been very informative so far.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious if the user danutc make the rtx 2060 works while using premiere and how did this.

I updated the drivers and the premiere and it still doesnt use the gpu acceleration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it works well; I just updated the drivers, and Premiere to the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine is for a PC, I have no idea if it makes any difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to be noted, while Premiere uses it, I've never seen it above 60% usage in exports (and the processor above 50% - Ryzen 3950x 16 cores, exporting 4k 24p h.264; usually under 4min for 10min exports)

I was expecting Premiere to take full advantage of these, but it seems they are just overkill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem lies in Adobe attempting to make such a program run on the widest range of PC configurations - even all the way down to the 2-core-2-thread CPU such as an Intel Celeron from the Kaby Lake and newer generation lines. If they had optimized the program for extremely high core counts, then the minimum system hardware requirements to run that program at all would have been astronomically high. So, if Premiere Pro were to have been optimized for a 32-core/64-thread CPU such as an AMD Threadripper 3970X, then Premiere would have required an 8-core/16-thread CPU just to even run at all, and anything with even 6 cores would have refused to run Premiere Pro at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To jump in late on this thread [26/01/21] - my thanks to all those who have been beating their heads against the wall to fix this. The thread solution is CORRECT: Go to the NVIDIA site and once through the pointless secuity login you can change your driver preferences to STUdIO, from GAMING using the top right menu dropdown. This downloads the latest driver and - more usefully - seamlessly uninstalls the old (or in my case newer!) driver. I have Driver Booster on my system which constantly checks for latest drivers across the PC and updates stuff in the backgound, generally very useful. Apparently, Adobe Premiere Pro does not paly nicely with the latest Gaming driver which it had shovelled in. I had a total of 20 language variants of a couple of commercial videos to render and it was driving me nuts that my system kept hanging and crashing. Switching to the STUDIO driver has completly fixed this. Render time on RTX 2060 super (using GPU acceleration) is 2:04 - on 'SOFTWARE ONLY' each on was 7:40 - so saved almost a couple of hours. Hopefully a happy ending. Thank goodness for forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a RTX 2060 and i'm finding a very anoying situation in playback premiere.

It's a kind of flickering line when i hit play.

When i export everything is ok, but when viewing in editing it's happening all the time.

Anyone with the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zdravím, 

podařilo se mi zprovoznit Premiere CS6 i Premiere CC na geforce RTX 2060 Super.

Musel jsem nejprve odinstalovat original ovladače od NVIDIA a poté ručně nainstalovat ovladač v prostředí windows10, zapsat kartu na seznam podporovaných karet a potom vše funguje, jak má.

Lukin79

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I've been using the RTX 2060 SUPER with no problems and all of a sudden it stopped working. There was no change in hardware and it gave me compatabilty errors while it was still running. I was rendereing some video files. Using Adobe 2023. Did Premiere update on it's own? I have no idea what happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines