• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opinion on laptop specs...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 8 years since I've built a computer. Instead of building, I'm going to buy a prebuilt laptop.

Which would you choose for mainly editing 4k in Premiere Pro? I'll do some occasional After Effects work.

Intel® Core™ i7-14700HX (up to 5.5 GHz, 33 MB L3 cache, 20 cores, 28 threads) and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4070 Laptop GPU (8 GB)

Intel® Core™ i9-14900HX (up to 5.8 GHz 36 MB L3 cache, 24 cores, 32 threads)
and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4060 Laptop GPU (8 GB)

Also, can I use Windows standard or do I need Windows Pro to run Premiere Pro?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can I use Windows standard or do I need Windows Pro to run Premiere Pro?

Thanks!

By @johnc38530698

You don't need the Pro version to run Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a laptop, but I do have some saved links that may help

Laptop ideas https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/best-laptops-for-video-editing
Not 100% current, but may help... This has some laptop discussion, and includes 2 recommendation links from Puget Systems... copied from Peru Bob... NOTE - go to the Puget site to see their CURRENT information
https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/premiere-pro-hardware-articles-to-read-before-you-buy-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Between those two go with the second configuration. The laptop RTX 4060 and RTX 4070 GPUs are much too close in performance to one another to justify the latter's 4070 designation (in fact, the laptop 4070 is much more like a desktop 4060 than a desktop 4070, making the laptop 4070 noticeably inferior to the desktop GPU with the same model number), while the i9-14900HX is slightly more powerful than the i7-14700HX. Plus, many processes in the Adobe programs rely more heavily on the CPU performance.

Now on the other hand if the 14700HX laptop came with a 4080 Laptop GPU and the 14900HX came with that 4070, then go with the former as its slight deficit in CPU performance is offset by the 4080's better GPU performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines