• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC for Best After Effects performance.

Participant ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ordering a second machine for editing at home. I am considering a couple different options but would like some advice.
I recently bought the Red Giant Trapcode suite and want it to be a tad better with that stuff and just rendering previews in AE smoother and faster. My current machine is

Dell XPS.

i7-4770 3.4 (8GPUS)

32 gigs Ram

Geforce GTX 960 Video Card

Running OS and Adobe programs on a Samsung SSD 850 Evo 250 GB

Media running off of a Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB

Cache on a Crucial 256gb SSD

also installed is a 1 TB HHD and I archive everything on Mybooks.

Where do you think I should spend the money to get better performance? Seems like the processor is the only thing I havent upgraded but is the new generation really that much better for these adobe programs? I am definitely over spec but it still seems super slow to me when using AE. Premiere, and all the other Adobe stuff seems to run pretty well.

I am looking at higher end stuff than I have had before like Alienware, Origin, or building my own. Any thoughts here or am I wasting money trying to get even higher in the spec department? Seems like according to spec I should be able to run this stuff with less than I already have. Even without using Red Giant Trapcode stuff AE is just way slow compared to Premiere or any other Programs I am used to. Am i missing something in my current setup that would be slowing it down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Am i missing something in my current setup that would be slowing it down?

The effects? Sorry to disappoint, but your question is irrelevant. This is nothing you can solve with buying fancy hardware. These limitations are inherent in how AE works and how the effects work. There simply is no GPU-acceleration e.g. in Particular and clearly calculating the trajectories of millions of particles linearly takes its time. Similar things apply to other parts. You just have to get used to it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines