• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quote for pc build for video editing on premier pro

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like some feedback and opinions on a quote that i have got for a pc build for  hd video editing with a budget of around£1000.

i dont know much about the technical side to the parts etc so would like to know if this quote is about right or whether there could be some changes made. thanks

quote does not include screens/keyboard and his rates.

Case                                                              Antec GX-200 gaming case with Window ATX USB 3.0  Blue LED Fans Black                                     £49

Power Supply                                                                      700w KOLINK  80 Plus Bronze Modular Supply                                                             £65

Op System                                                                                        Windows 10 Home 64bIT  OEM                                                                         £99

Mainboard                                  ASUS H170-PRO,INTEL H170,1151,ATX,DDRF, CROSSFIRE,M.2,SATA EXPRESS,RAID USB3 TYPE-C,HDMI £79

Memory                                                                          16gb crucial DDR4 PC4-1700   2133MHZ  Desktop Ram                                                    £165

Processor                                          Intel core 15-7400 cpu,1151,3.0ghz, quad core,65w, 14nm,6mb cache,hd gfx, 8 GT/s,Kaby Lake                 £189

Graphics                                PALITGTX1050 TI DUEL OC,4GB,DDR5,PCle3,DVI,HDMI,Display port,1480mhz clock, overclocked graphics        £165

Hard Drive                                                                                     2TB Seagate SATA-600 7200RPM                                                                          £79

SSD                                                                                           240GB  Apacer Panther AS340 ssd drive 2.5in                                                            £9

Optical drive                                                                                  Asus 24x Sata DVDRW   Black OEM                                                                      £15

Card Reader                                                                               Dyynamode Internal Card Reader Black                                                                    £10

This is with out screens and keyboard and his rate ( £1004)

[Moderator note: moved to best forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also looked at this site which has similar pc builds that may be better?Photo Editing PCs - Computer Planet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't want that processor.  It's only quad core.

Get a gold, not a bronze power supply.

Double the RAM.

Get a GTX 1060 instead of the 1050.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of media?

Your first configuration is very weak with that 15-7400 4-core but no hyperthreading and 3.5 GHz Turbo clock

The link that you provided I like the Vision 4K 7700 with its i7-7700K with 4-cores and 8-threads plus 4.5 GHz Turbo clock speeds.  You really need to add a second drive like the M.2 options as large as you can afford for your Project files and media.  That would be a great editing system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

canon 60d footage from mainly small documentaries maybe short films and events/gigs ext

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a quote I found emphasizing the need for lots of processing, i. e. CPU power.

"The Canon 60D records its movies as .MOV files using variable bitrate MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 compression.  The more sophisticated encoding used in the H.264 standard requires quite a bit of processor power to pull it apart and put it back together again, so frame-accurate editing of H.264 requires a fast processor and capable editing program.".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice Config. I also have MSI Infinite A. which is perfect PC, but I am not satisfied with my current pc case. Your casing "Antec GX-200 gaming case with Window ATX USB 3.0  Blue LED Fans Black" is looking nice but the little bit expensive than my budget I choose Corsair Carbide which is under my budget. Anyhow, I have following specs. Is this case best for me?

Processor: Intel Core i7 7700

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti

Memory: 16GB DDR4

Storage: 512GB SSD, 2TB HDD

Power Supply: 550W

Thanks in Advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines