• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Premiere Pro and Multicore Support

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2019-CPU-Roundup-Intel-vs-AMD-vs-Mac-1320...

I dont see any advantage of using more than 8 cores. Are you sure that Premier Pro uses more than 8 cores?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alur,

According to Puget Systems, you get around 98% efficiency with 8-12 cores - then efficiency begins to flatline a little. More cores are a bit better, but not noticeably so. Personally, I like overkill, so 10-14 cores is where I'd aim my personal workstation if I was building one.

Hope that helps,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin_Monahan from which version of PP was multi threaded support available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Please clarify cores and threads for this discussion.

You can't buy 5 and 7 core hyperthreaded Intel processors (that would result in 10/14 threads), so I think that it's pretty clear that you do mean cores.

And, if you have 10 to 14 cores, most Intel CPUs would be giving us 20 to 28 threads. Microsoft generally sees threads, and not cores, so far as multi-threaded software runs.

So, are you saying that Premiere Pro 2019 (13.x) and its sweet spot of 8-12 cores is really saying 16 to 24 threads?

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can get KarlSoule​ to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Any update here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines