• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ryzen 7 2700x or Intel I7-8700K for Premiere/AE timeline performance?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I want to upgrade my i5-7500 CPU for video editing and I am really confused about it. I would like to buy i7-8700k or R7 2700x as they are the best CPUs in their price segment 300$-400$ (tell me if I am not right )

So, the question is "What CPU is better?" I care not about rendering time but about timeline performance as having freezes is really annoying.

I work in Premiere and After Effects. Also, I want to start learning motion design which means more using AE and 3d software like C4D.

I googled a lot and I had really different results, for example, this site tells 8700k is better than 2700x

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/After-Effects-CC-2018-CPU-Comparison-AMD-Ryzen- 2-vs-Inte...

But some videos(from really good authors) with CPUs comparing tell absolutely opposite information...

Also, I play games sometimes and even stream it, but I think both of these CPUs are good for it.

So please, tell me, what CPU do you think would be better for me?

My PC setup:

16gb ddr4

GTX 1060 6gb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2700x is faster than 8700k but not in premiere pro, get the 8700k if you need the upgrade right now.

If you can wait a bit then AMD's zen 2 might be better, well, depends, they already have a better CPU but Adobe doesn't use it, by accident zen 2 might be faster, wait for reviews.

You need to consider Adobe will never optimize for amd hardware, if it works then you just saved some money, if not you will have to pay Intel premium tax.

If you work in other NLE's than you almost always get better bang for you buck if you chose amd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines