Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Requirements

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am completely new to video editing. I have a GoPro Hero10. I have ordered a Dell Workstation and would like to know how capable it will be. Thanks for the help.

Precision 5820 Tower XCTO Base 210-ANJK 1
US Order 332-1286 1
Enable Low Power Mode 658-BBMQ 1
Trusted Platform Module (Discrete TPM Enabled) 329-BBJL 1
BIOS match checked back to factory 444-BBBG 1
BIOS binary check enabled and verified 444-BBBS 1
SupportAssist 525-BBCL 1
Dell(TM) Digital Delivery Cirrus Client 640-BBLW 1
Dell Developed Recovery Environment 658-BCUV 1
No Microsoft Office License Included – 30 day Trial Offer Only 658-BCSB 1
Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-10900X 3.7GHz,(4.7GHz Turbo, 10C, 19.25MB Cache, HT,
(165W), DDR4-2933 Non-ECC)
338-BUNV 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 Label 389-CGEV 1
Windows 10 Pro (Includes Windows 11 Pro License) English, French, Spanish 619-AQDH 1
Intel NVMe PCIe SSD (Front PCIe FlexBay) 414-BBBV 1
No Anti-Virus Software 650-AAAM 1
Dell M.2 carrier 400-AVDR 1
M.2 1TB PCIe NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive 401-ABJR 1
No Hard Drive 400-AKZR 5
8x Half-Height BD-RE Drive 429-AAUL 1
No RAID 780-BBCJ 1
Not selected in this configuration 817-BBBC 2
GPT is 100% required for all order 411-XXYB 1
GLOBAL OPTION UPDATE 00876242 580-ABIS 1
No Mouse 570-AADK 1
Thank You for Choosing Dell 340-ADBJ 1
No Additional Network Card Selected (Integrated NIC included) 555-BBJO 1
US Power Cord 470-AAKG 1
SERI Guide (ENG/FR/Multi) 340-AGIK 1
Placemat 5820 Tower MUI DAO 340-BYNM 1
Resource DVD not Included 430-XXYU 1
OS-Windows Media Not Included 620-AALW 1
Not ENERGY STAR Qualified 387-BBBE 1
No UPC Label 389-BCGW 1
Ship Material Tower 5820,7820 328-BCRU 1
T5820 950W Regulatory Label (DAO) 389-CGKH 1
No Stand included 575-BBCH 1
No Accessories 461-AABV 1
External Speaker Not Included 520-AABF 1
No AutoPilot 340-CKSZ 1
Performance Optimized 370-AAIP 1
CPU Heatsink 5820 Tower 412-AALF 1
Precision 5820 Tower Core X 950W PCIe FlexBay Chassis CL FMX 321-BGTP 1
AMD Radeon Pro W5500, 8GB, 4 DP (Precision 7920R/7920T/7820T/5820T) 490-BGHK 1
32GB, 4x8GB, DDR4 UDIMM non-ECC memory 370-AFGK 1
No Out-of-Band Systems Management 631-ABML 1
Intel Integrated controller (RST-e) with 1-2 Front FlexBay NVMe PCIe Drives 321-BDWI 1
Slim ODD bezel, 100% tie with slim ODD 325-BCUD 1
8x DVD+/-RW 9.5mm Optical Disk Drive 429-ABDW 1
Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 (802.11ac) 2x2 + Bluetooth module 555-BEVZ 1
Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 (802.11ac) 2x2 + Bluetooth module 555-BEWB 1
Firmware and Driver for Intel 8265 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth module 555-BEVY 1
SHIP,PWS,LNK,NO,NO,AMF 340-AEYP 1
Dell Optimizer for Precision 640-BBSC 1
Dell Limited Hardware Warranty Plus Service 997-7163 1
Onsite/In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis, 3 Years 997-7165 1

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we just have a short summery of the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see for OS and hardware
Windows 10 Pro (Includes Windows 11 Pro License) English, French, Spanish
Intel (R) Core (TM) i9-10900X 3.7GHz
M.2 1TB PCIe NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive
8x Half-Height BD-RE Drive - 8x DVD+/-RW 9.5mm Optical Disk Drive
AMD Radeon Pro W5500, 8GB
32GB, 4x8GB, DDR4 UDIMM non-ECC memory

Looks like it should do well with all programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to getting underway with the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might work but then again it might not. Is the GoPro camera 4K, 6K or 8K? Does it use an odd variation of H.264? Your best bet would have been an Alder Lake CPU if the GoPro uses H.264 because Adobe has written code to take advantage of Intel's Quick Sync and Apple's M1 chip more so than Nvenc. Having said that Nvenc can make a big difference for certain variations of H.264. I would have opted for an Alder Lake CPU and an RTX 3070/3080 for the GPU if editing H.264/265. That being said I am not sure if the Alder Lake CPU or the RTX 3070 can edit 8K H.264. I hope they can but I am not sure since I do not have either one to test out. Below is a video that demonstrates the power of Nvenc and Quick Sync when using Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the X Series processors were available

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark.html#@PanelLabel122139

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have to buy a computer by the end of the month? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking? I ordered this computer before Christmas, it is supposed to be shipped in a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am simply asking if you can wait six or seven weeks to get a new computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no choice to wait, it was ordered, but I have since cancelled that one and I am ordering another one, so that will be 2 month wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to find a decent of the shelf gaming PC at Best Buy that will edit video better than the Dell Computer. A mediocre priced 12th generation i5 Alder Lake CPU matched with a RTX 3060 would be a good system. It would be much less expensive than a 12th generation i9 CPU and an RTX 3080. It is best to get the newer computer architecture because support for older hardware could end at anytime. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that hard to believe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try educating yourself becuase there are Alder Lake systems with the RTX 3000 series graphics cards at Best Buy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victory Pete,

IMHO you can do better than that, especially for the price that you'll be payng for that machine. That 10900X, despite its 10 cores and 20 threads, is barely competitive in overall performance with a two-generation-old 8-core/16-thread mainstream CPU to begin with. And no HEDT 10000-series Intel CPU is a true 10th-Gen CPU, having neither the sustainable clock speed nor the IPC (Instructions Per Clockcycle) to keep up with the newer CPUs.

And the W5500 is a weakling discrete desktop GPU these days even though it is of a relatively recent GPU architecture. And we all know that Adobe Premiere Pro chokes on OpenCL 2.x, which is the only GPGPU API that AMD currently supports for its GPUs in Windows.

And 32 GB total of system RAM just isn't enough for a CPU platform that supports quad-channel memory. You see, all 8 GB sticks of RAM are only single-sided nowadays, and modern memory controllers perform best with two banks of memory per channel. Unfortunately, with only 32 GB total of RAM only four banks total are occupied (instead of the eight banks that should be optimal) no matter what because you would either run memory in only dual-channel mode or with less-than-optimal interleaving performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think you know the price I will be paying. It seems the X Series processors are meant for high performance Work Stations. I plan on adding 4 more sticks of 8GB of ram at some point. It is difficult to balance performance, features and price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not understand the performance-to-price ratio, either. In fact, you made false or misleading assumptions about price to performance, even in heavily threaded applications. The reality is that the i9-10900X was a poor buy even when it was introduced in 2019, and it has not been updated at all since then. Furthermore, it is essentially a rehashed, higher-clocked version of a CPU architecture that debuted two-and-a-half years earlier with the 78xxK and 79xxX/XE CPUs such as the i9-7980XE.

You need to look at the real world performance results with the CPU in question, and then compare it with other CPUs in the same or lower price brackets.

In other words, you fell for the marketing. Not the real-world performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is funny how whenever I join a new forum and post a question there are always condescending people who like to insult, ridicule and reprimand. Sure, I fell for Dell's marketing, they want to sell me an inadequate Workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cancelled my order and I am going to start over. I will post a new thread, thanks for the replies, even the insulting ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines