• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would this computer be good enough to start learning Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am thinking about buying this computer.

Thanks,

Refurbished (Excellent) - HP RGB Gaming Desktop Computer - Intel Quad I7, 32GB, 512G SSD + 3TB, GeForce GTX 1660 Super, RGB Keyboard & Mouse, WiFi & BT 5.0, Win 10 Pro

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/refurbished-excellent-hp-rgb-gaming-desktop-computer-intel-quad...

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

The processor is too weak.

The second hard drive should be an SSD, not an HDD or alternatively, a larger, fast SSD system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The processor is too weak.

The second hard drive should be an SSD, not an HDD or alternatively, a larger, fast SSD system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what Peru Bob stated, that CPU is now almost 10 years old at this point, and is now no longer supported by Intel itself outside of archived drivers. Worse, it is not officially supported by Windows 11 due to its lack of TPM 2.0 or higher support, and Windows 10 itself will go completely EOSL (End of Servicing Lifetime) in a little over a year and a half unless you pay Microsoft a lot of money for further security updates to that OS (for another three years).

As such, I would not waste even 10 Canadian dollars on that PC, especially since it's equipped with such a badly outdated CPU platform. With newer versions of Premiere Pro, that PC will barely run faster than a base-model M1 MacBook Air while consuming voraciously more power from the mains. To me, that's a waste of your $600 CAD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines