Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D unified workspace

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to understand why Adobe has not already incorporated a 3D unified workspace in After Effects yet, this cheap software Hitfilm pro has it and adobe should be light years ahead of them. So I hope that Victoria Nece will read this and give us a 3D unified workspace.

Let me explain the problem that I had the other day, but first I already know how to use mask to make this work, but as you know it takes a long time to do that. I have a 3D ship that I was trying to put a person in that was greened screened and could not get it to work and that is when I realized the problem. In a 3D unified space you can place 2D objects inside, behind or in front of 3D objects, "they behave just like a 3D object", no masking needed.

If anyone knows how to make this work that I am not aware of please let me know.

So if more of you would tell Adobe about this, they might make it happen.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hell, Adobe has enough trouble getting its applications to work as advertised.  You want it to do something NOT advertised?  Get a grip, pal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to understand why Adobe has not already incorporated a 3D unified workspace in After Effects yet

Adobe doesn't understand 3D. That's all there is to it. I mean it's 2017 and look what we have... Botched attempts of grafting Cinema 4D onto AE, a 3D tracker that's useless beyond putting text layers into your shots, similarly dysfunctional 3D in Photoshop, crooked stuff like Project Felix. The list of failure could go on and on... I simply wouldn't keep my hopes up that they'll ever come up with a unified 3D API in any of their programs and by the time they do, the marked has moved ahead another 10 years, making it dated technology. Such is the way with Adobe.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mwfarris,

Please direct all feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines