• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clarification on 6. User Conduct and how it relates back to movies?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I hope me reaching out is okay but when I was looking at the terms of service I noticed that there was a section called "6. User Conduct", and in this section there is a rule that says one can not "...share or generate any Content or engage in behavior that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, obscene, violent, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, lewd, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;" 

I bring all of this up as, with this in place, how can any violent movies exist? Wouldn't this rule prevent anyone from making something like that? or is it just refering to real life crimes? I know this question is likely dumb but I am very curious. 

Thank you for your time. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

as far as i know, adobe pays no attention to what is produced with its products.

and as we already discussed, what happens on adobe's website is held to different standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're talking about the community guidelines, those apply to these adobe forums.  not to what adobe creatives do with adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh okay, that makes sense! Though I have to ask, I am talking about Adobe's General Terms of Use https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html, and in particular section 6. user conduct. Is the section I highlighted earlier just talking about the Adobe community? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, you're correct. that (section 6.9 of adobe's terms of us) does apply to content generated by adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh alright? Then that leaves me more confused. Wouldn't 6.9 prohibit the creation/ editing of films like John Wick? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it can be read that way, but i'm pretty sure doesn't make any money taking legal action against its customers.  they probably just want to protect the corporation in the event that a creative user is sued.  adobe doesn't want to be a defendant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh okay, so its more of a precausion then anything? Basically its saying that: "Hey,  while we won't usually punish you for this, if you do something bad then we can take action", right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently saw a message in another forum where a user asked about posting 'adult only' pictures of naked women on an Adobe hosted platform (I think Portfolio, could have been Behance... neither of which I use)

The answer was that posting adult content on an Adobe hosted platform is STRICTLY forbidden

No mention was made of using Adobe programs to edit adult content

Not a complete answer to your question, but another data point to consider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh I see, I think I saw a similar post about that as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will say that I did reach out to Adobe customer support about this and at the end they just refered to section 6.10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as i know, adobe pays no attention to what is produced with its products.

and as we already discussed, what happens on adobe's website is held to different standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea that makes sense! Thank you for the explenation, I very much appreicate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use common sense.  If you have any doubts about what you're doing, don't do it here. 

This support community is a 'family friendly' space.

Adobe Support Community Guidelines:

• Be Respectful.
  • Be Supportive.
  • Be Authentic.
  • Report Abuse.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very fair! I understand that bit, I was just curious as to how, with section 6.9, any violent movies were allowed to be produced. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Seth5E90 

don't feel compelled to respond to everyone.  most others are going to scan a few posts and then offer their input while failing to appreciate that their contribution is duplicative. ie, if they offering nothing new, ignore or just comment that it's been covered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'll keep that in mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Movie studios edit films in private studio labs which have nothing to do with Adobe. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh neat! I didn't know that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Seth5E90 

Premiere Pro is absolutely used in major motion pictures. My cousin is a video editor who uses Premiere Pro to edit movies including Avatar, Spider Man: No Way Home, Hidden Figures, and many more.

This short clip to shows how PP was used to make Everything Everywhere all at Once:
https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/discover/article/everything-everywhere-all-at-once-made-in-premie...

Also, just because no one has said it yet, Firefly does have rules about what can be created with it. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh I see! That Also makes sense as I saw some people say that there are private studios and also plenty of places that use regular software.

Thank you for sending that video as well! I greatly appreciate it and I found it facinating, its cool to see the software used in an actual production with the actual premiere clip. 
I also do understand that firefly has diffrent rules then some of the other software, and that makes total sense I think. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome @Seth5E90 ! I hadn't seen that video before either and enjoyed it too. My cousin and I talk about how PP is used in Hollywood when we get together.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

continuing to flaunt the guidelines isn't the best strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines