• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complaints about project sync- Adobe Premiere Rush

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How dare you not even give us the option to export the project files or sync with our iCloud accounts?! You've destroyed what used to be a great app! I used to start a peoject on my phone and thrn continue it on Pro on my desktop. But now this app is a total joke. And so from now on we have to permanently see a 'no network' error until you guys eventually get round to killing the app? That message doesn't even behave like a feature - you've created a giant bug. This is what is wrong with Adobe. I am so very glad you weren't able to buy Figma. Greedy, incompetent corporates.

Mod note: Your post was branched and moved to the Video Lounge for off-topic discussion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I dont want anything to do with this, this person has a point. Everything went downhill as soon as you, Adobe, switched to this subscription-based, online forever, license. Please go back to selling people software they can keep. These forums are beginning to look more like places to talk smack more than places to share good information about software we like to use... also, a lot of people refuse to pay monthly and either switch platforms and/or get free versions.. even ivy leage universities have pirate versions on hard drives for students who wont/cant pay the subscription-- trust me, ive seen it more than once.  Yale has money!? People did buy the stuff. People WOULD buy this stuff, but you've create a product with conditions that less and less people want/ are okay with. Lack of functionality and ruining people's workflow never ends up how you, the corporation, wants/thinks. Put the creators first and you'll undo a lot of this. Until then, we might just be on Final Cut. Buy once on Apple and its ours forever. People buy plugins and stuff, but you're getitng lazy Adobe. Subscriptions? This aint netflix. It reminds me of Antares autotune. No one wants to buy a subscription for software. The more you do that, the more you'll find your stuff online for free...

someone plz make a video about this. There are a ton of good arguments. Like the tutorial still being online? Also we MUST keep not of all the changes just incase they're holding out... Ive seen a few ppl talk about this on youtube, but the more we flood the net with good content, the more new/& old creators will  make better decisions for creating their studios and workflow. Also, the more likely these guys will be to listen. Once we effect sales, they'll be forced to listen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Talk Smack' hmm that's not very nice. The issue here is that I am genuinely frustrated by Adobe, and it feels extremely depressing when a big company like them just disrespects its users' financial and time commitments  towards an app by deleting major functionality in 'upgrades' and thereby ruining the entire product experience. Adobe don't seem to care and leaves us feeling entirely powerless to do anything at all other than to 'talk smack' in these forums.

Anyways, if you do want tips.. since I stopped using Rush I went off to both LumaFusion and Davinci Resolve. Both great discoveries, and allow far far far more than Rush. Davinci Resolve is free too (unless you want to pay for more sophisticated features - even then it's not a subscription) and the iPad version is identical to the desktop variant. Black Magic are a great example of a company that gets it. In the end, Adobe killing sync has actually been a blessing in disguise for me, slowly weaning myself off the 15 year old addiction to Adobe. Will be reducing my creative cloud subscription to just one or two apps v soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPVOTE!!! w/ SOLUTIONS!!!! >>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ALLAHJOSEPH 

The subscription model isn't right for everyone.

Have you tried Adobe Premiere Elements?  It's a one-time purchase.  A subscription is not required.

If interested, you can find the Adobe Community Forum for Premiere Elements here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havent tried elements and honestly pretty turned off by the shared experience. DaVinci and Luma lookin goood though. Hard to choose. Luma's been around a while, davinci looks like its jammmm packed with features. Totally into it. Will try DaVinci first, but i heard Luma is becoming the new industry standard... cant believe that's the reality right now. What happened to adobe!??? There was a whole subculture then they went bougie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Angry-alkelina 

The Adobe Creative Cloud storage was a great service and I too am sad to see it go.

Right now, I think the best video editing application for iPad may be Final Cut Pro for iPad - which I guess is not surprising.   You may have noticed that Davinci Resolve for iPad is a simplified version of what's available in the desktop version.  If you're not too disappointed with Adobe over Rush, you might be interested in giving Adobe Project Violet a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Davinci Resolve is exactly the same for iPad. They've switched off a few tabs on the default view, but you just need to enable them: 

• open the keyboard shortcuts menu, Option + Command + K.
  • Go through all the commands list on the right side you’ll want to scroll all the way down to the bottom. There should be an option for “Show Page.”
  • Click the arrow to expand and you’ll see a bunch of blank shortcuts that line up with all the different pages.
  • All you have to do is assign each page a shortcut.
  • I've created my shortcuts for each tab as shift + number key e.g. shift + 1 or shift +2
  • Ypu should then have ALL the functionality as per desktop. 

I've already been editing everything on Davinci and it's far more powerful than Luma particularly for motion graphics where you often need more than just 6 video tracks. It allows you infinite tracks as far as I've seen, and the video transition effects are better on Davinci than on Luma. It also offers speed ramping and better keyframing control  which Luma partially does but they're promising to release better version soon. Davinci can be as simple as you want or as complex as you need to push it. But Luma is still great and far better than Project Violet which just looks like iMovie for iPhone - dumbed down and useless for anyone half serious. 

I'm very glad to have Discovered Davinci and Luma too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final Cut Pro for iPad has a very nice UX and I was impressed by it, but you will be paying $50/£50 a year for it and it isn't the same experience as the desktop meaning there will be discrepancies if you want to switch between them. Davinci is free unless you pay a one time fee of $295/£245 and get Davinci Studio that will apply for both iPad and Desktop (unlike with Final Cut Pro where desktop is a separate one time fee $299/£299). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I should add - you really don't need to pay for Davinci unless you're really doing very complex edits like video masking with transparencies and motion tracking, or more interestig transitions. For most motion graphics projects you get all the basic things and far more which you'd normally pay a lot of money for Final Cut Pro to let you do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is where I leave Adobe and head off to Final Cut Pro and iMovie. Since I use Figma, and I’m now on Final Cut Pro- I will be terminating my Adobe Membership.

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And this is where I leave Adobe and head off to Final Cut Pro and iMovie. Since I use Figma, and I’m now on Final Cut Pro- I will be terminating my Adobe Membership.

Mod note: Edited for content.

By @Angry-alkelina

👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct solution is to stop using Adobe Rush and move to either LumaFusion or Davinci Resolve both of which work excellently for iPad and offer far more functionality and flexibility than Rush ever did. You can also export projects from the iPad and have them opened on their desktop variants. Davinci is free for the vast majority of needs and LumaFusion is ~$20 depending on your local pricing with various small upgrades each of which are again around $20.

As ever, Adobe seem to be ignoring the user and sunsetting Rush along with the sync support which is what made the app powerful to use, offering somewhat decent functionality on the iPad and then syncing to desktop for more complex edits on Premiere Pro. Now, the app is pointless. Whatsmore... the cherry on the icing, if you delete the app from your iPad, you lose all of your projects too, again because no sync and no capabilities to export project files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This app is garbage now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much. But check out Davinci Resolve. Don't be put off by the interface, loads of tutorials online, it's free and far far far more features and flexibility than Rush ever had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines